two | HIDDEN

this is another short filler my dudes, next chapter kicks up

"So how's Riverdale?"

"Um, pretty quiet, I'd say..." Archie nodded.

Luna raised an eyebrow, "Everyone has been acting so weird around me."

"How so?"

Ever since Luna had left, she'd meet up with someone from her old town at least once a week.

It was a Sunday now and Archie had decided that he wanted to come this week, so they met up at a mall.

They were currently sitting in chairs in the Auntie Anne's, enjoying warm pretzels.

"I don't know," Luna shrugged. "never mind, it was stupid."

"It's not stupid," Archie shook his head and bit into one of his cheese filled pretzel bites. "tell me about it."

"No," Luna stole one of them and Archie gasped.

"Rude!"

"Shut up," Luna scoffed, happily eating the stolen food.

"But seriously," Archie put his hands on the table. "why do you feel weird?"

"Well, Betty's hiding something from me," Luna frowned.

Archie cursed Betty in his head, he knew she'd be the first person to spill to Luna. He should have told her not to talk to Luna, now if she knew and came back-

He couldn't forgive himself for letting Luna do that to herself.

"W-why do you think that?" he picked at the salt on his bigger pretzel.

"She was over-emotional, and that always happens when she's hiding something and she feels guilty about it," Luna vented.

"How do you know that?" Archie questioned.

"Well, before Betty told you that she liked you, she would always be extremely concerned about you," Luna ripped off a piece of her own pretzel. 

"Like with the whole Grundy thing?"

"Ah," Luna made a face. "she had a right to be concerned about that."

"She broke into her car."

"You were dating a predator!" Luna shook her head and stole another one of his mini pretzels. "first of all, you deserve that, and second of all, you have two."

Archie rolled his eyes, "I have a very limited amount of those."

Luna shrugged, "You won't get fat."

"A cup of cheese filled pretzel bites will not make me fat," Archie scoffed.

"Speak for yourself," Luna frowned playfully, squeezing her stomach.

Archie shook his head, "You aren't fat."

Luna put her hands up in defense, "Okay, sure, whatever you say."

"But back to this Betty thing, what do you think she's hiding?" Archie fidgeted with his hands.

"I'm...not sure," Luna narrowed her eyes at Archie as he started to express his comfortability.

"What?" Archie asked as he noticed the way she was looking at him.

"Nothing."

"Come on, it's obviously something, please," Archie pleaded. 

"It's just that you guys are all kind of acting weird," Luna bit down on the inside of her cheek.

"Me?" Archie scrunched his brows together. "what did I do."

"You're just," Luna took a sip of her drink. "fidgeting, acting oddly..."

"I'm not hiding anything, I promise you I'm telling the truth," he lied.

"Fine," Luna sighed.

Archie's phone buzzed and he looked down, Veronica was updating him on his dad.

"I should go, my dad wants to take me somewhere," he shrugged nonchalantly, getting up and cleaning off his part of the table.

"Okay," Luna said, doing the same thing as him.

She gave Archie a goodbye hug and they parted ways.

Once Luna got home, Ophelia was sitting on the couch, watching TV, "So, did you tell Archie?"

"No," she shrugged. "I want to see what happens once I get there."

Ophelia went to the fridge to eat some leftover stir fry from the night before, "Why? What's up?"

"Nothing," Luna sat down at the island. "I'm just curious as to how they'll react."

"Oh, something is definitely up," Ophelia leaned against the counter as she turned on the microwave. "spill."

"Well," Luna licked her lips. "they've all been acting weird around me, their reactions will definitely tell me whether or not they're actually hiding something."

"Did you trying asking them if something was up?" Ophelia raised her eyebrows.

"Yes," Luna laughed. "they all said there's nothing wrong, but I don't really believe them. I have this weird feeling..."

"Are you sure you want to go back there? Maybe it's too soon..." she trailed off.

"No, it isn't," Luna bit her lip. "I'm half excited, but I'm also really nervous, but I also have this weird feeling..."

Luna shook her head, "It's whatever, honestly."

Ophelia nodded her head as the microwave went off and she sat across from Luna, just like yesterday.

"I called in for school, Ilana's mom said you could come anytime today or tomorrow, what's it 'gonna be?"

"Can I stay over if I go today?" Luna asked.

"Sure," Ophelia shrugged and Luna threw herself across the table.

"I l - thank you, thank you!" Luna smiled awkwardly.

Truthfully, neither of them had really said those 3 words yet.

Yes, Luna could call Ophelia her mom now, but she didn't think she was ready to say "I love you".

"Well, get ready," Ophelia laughed. "It's 5:00."

And so, Luna flew off to her room to pack as quickly as possible.

***

okay so i lied again, next chapter is still gonna be before season 2, my bad 

lmaoooo

but yeah

i have a lot in store for you dudes

anyways

goodpie