Insanity

I sat there staring at his face, filled with anger and bubbling with hate.
Purple strands of veins bulged from his neck as he squeezed. I attempted to claw his arms away from me, but there was no stopping him as the breath I willed to come couldn't escape the steel grip.
I was going to die. I gave up and sat there motionless, waiting for the blackness.
I closed my eyes and longed for the end.

The worst part was that nobody came to help me, no one heard my cries. My dad let go, probably thinking I was dead.
I gasped in air my lungs rejoicing in newly found life.

And that was when I heard him open the door and come back with a knife.
My heart was racing. How can he have a knife? My eyes filled with tears but I blinked them back, reverting back to my numb self.
It hurt to much to think of the advancing shadow. Clutching the knife like I was a dangerous animal.
I sat on the floor, there was nothing left for me.

The thought hit me like a bullet. I don't just give up. Because... because I'm afraid.
I pushed myself off the floor and ran to the bathroom, locking myself in.
There had to be a nurse nearby. I started screaming, letting loose all the anger and sadness that I preserved in my weak and tired mind.

My dad started pounding on the door, but suddenly stopped.
"Yes honey, I know she's our daughter but she needs to learn to respect us."
Silence.
"I'll just wait here, then when she decides to come out, she will." He said, a chuckle at the end. 'Oh yes! She'll come out."

~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~

It felt like an eternity before someone found me. I had silently cried, stroking my bruised neck, blood oozing from my nose.
That's all I thought about.

Head, pounding.
Nose, dripping.
Neck, stiff.
Throat, raw.
Body, pained.
Survival, zero chance.

Then I heard voices, gentle at first and then screaming to let them in. They were pounding on the door, and then the door was splintering. They walked in, and I heard static electricity before a body thumped to the ground.
Somebody knocked on the door.
" Clara? Are you in there?" A gentle voice said, filled with concern.
"Here." My voice was barely a whisper. I tried again. "I'm in here!"
I tried but it seemed like there was a block in my throat. I shakily got up and knocked back to the nurse on the other side, then fumbled with the lock. I didn't get far because I got dizzy and then the world closed in on itself, enveloping me in darkness.