chapter eight.

Naturally being at peace didn't particularly always work out for you. You woke to a pounding on the door, shouting coming through the wood. Your eyes cracked open, the leftover mascara from the night before prevalent around your eyes. Black smudged over lids and down your cheeks. You moaned, diving under the cover and pressing yourself into Stiles' side. His skin was warm to the touch, almost burning against your cool skin. He groaned, wriggling under the covers, his fingers coasting over your shoulder as he pulled you tighter to his chest. Your hair curled around your face a halo of light in the darkness underneath the covers. "STILES, OPEN UP ASSHOLE. IT'S FUCKING IMPORTANT" Derek's voice boomed, loud enough to reverberate through the entire house. "I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU TWO ARE FUCKING, I'M GONNA SNAP YOUR TWIG ASS." Stiles groaned as he threw the cover from his body, standing and stretching in the late morning sun. He stumbled to the door, his fingers running through his hair. Boxers slung low on his hips, sunlight illuminating freckles you had never paid enough attention to see.

"What do you want Derek, I was sleeping you inconsiderate dick" Stiles yawned as Derek strode into the room, taking no notice of you on the bed. "We need to get her out of here. You know how I said some shit was gonna go down? Yeah well it's all heading south and she needs to be as far away from here as possible" He looked over at you, strewn in between Stiles' sheets, a mess of leg and too much skin. His eyes flickered over you, a look of hunger in his eyes. Stiles cleared his throat at the sight of Dereks lingering gaze. "So where should I take her then oh mighty Derek? I assume Peter had some hidden away base that he hid in when he wasn't being such a murderous psychopath? Or maybe it was a sex den eugh" Stiles shivered at the thought of being anywhere Peter had even thought about sex. "Actually, there is a place, it's just out of town, you need to be gone ASAP. You'll be alone out there, we can't have anyone knowing where you are. Leave soon." He thrust a map into Stiles' hand and stared you down once more. Something behind his eyes troubled you. You couldn't place it, it was a darkness that burnt through you.

He walked out and the room stood still, before being thrown into chaos. Stiles sped around the room, hurtling clothes and books into a bag. "Do you need to go back to Derek's for anything? I know you don't have everything you need here. Do you think we have enough time?" His words were rushed, tumbling from his mouth with an intense speed. If he didn't stop to breathe soon you were sure he'd pass out. "Stiles just calm down, I have plenty of clothes, plus if it's just me and you then I don't have to wear a lot do I?" You winked, swinging your legs over the side of the bed, your toes connecting with the cool wood flooring. "Pass me that bag will you?" You gestured to your bag which sat in the corner. Pulling clothes from it left, right and center you chose some clothes for the day. "Damn, you sure you're not Mary Poppins there is no way you should've been able to do that. It's witchcraft I tell you!" He dropped down onto the bed next to you and grabbed the bag from your hands. "HOW WOMAN. HOW DO YOU GET ALL THOSE CLOTHES IN THIS BAG. IT'S PRACTICALLY MINIATURE" he said exasperatedly. You giggled, standing and stretching your muscles becoming less tight. Pulling denim shorts over your ass, you paired it with a white tee, that hung loose over your shoulders. Your hair surrounded your face but the sun was warm on your skin.

Pulling your hair from your nape, you tied it in a loose bun, tendrils of hair curling around your ear and draping over your neck. Stiles stared at you as you wandered around his room, picking up discarded pieces of clothing and stuffing them into your bag. "I do have more than this, it's in my car. I'm gonna put this in the back of the jeep and we'll leave my car here okay?" You said to him, as you slipped a pair of chucks on. Bag in hand, you ran down the stairs and outside into the sunlight. Grabbing your bags from your car, you transferred them to the jeep slamming the door closed before heading back inside. "Looks like a good day to be going into hiding Stiles! Want an adventure?" You beamed from the bottom of the stairs, as he stumbled half asleep. "I am going nowhere until I have coffee" He threw his bag at the bottom of the steps and practically crawled through to the kitchen. Switching on the coffee machine he sighed seeing the beans being pressed into something passable as coffee. A minute or so later and he was settled in his chair, his nose scrunched up at the coffee he had made. "This tastes like dirt. Mixed with crap with added dirt" He took a sip, his face contorted. "I'll make you a fresh cup, you probably just haven't changed the water and the filter in a while" His face lit up and he shoved his Vader mug towards you. "You are an angel. You know I like it super strong and super sweet right?!" You took his mug from him, refreshing the coffee and pouring him a new cup. You sat next to him, cradling the cup in your hands.