Making Up

Sidney was standing at the sink with her back to the door as Jean walked in. She didn't even look back to see who was coming through the door and she certainly didn't say anything in greeting. Jean could tell immediately that Sidney was still very upset – in fairness why wouldn't she be? Jean had deliberately started a fight; had made a fairly blatant threat about ending their relationship and had then stormed out without so much as a by your leave and hadn't been in contact with Sidney or back to the flat in over a day.

"Hi babe" said Jean in her most seductive voice – she was standing behind Sidney now with her arms around her waist. She was kissing Sidney on the neck and starting to move her hands around towards the front of Sidney's body. At this, Sidney pushed Jean's hands back and pulled herself away, staring Jean angrily in the face, she shouted "do you have any idea of the anguish you have put me through in the past 24 hours? You marched out of here full of anger, threatening to end our relationship, you haven't responded to any of my texts and have basically given me the impression in the last day or so that our relationship was over – and now here you are kissing me and touching me as if none of this had ever happened – what the fuck Jean?"

Jean was correctly chastened and said "I know I'm so sorry Sidney. I had seen a couple of texts on your phone from Sam and I just got so incredibly jealous. I just wanted to lash out and hurt you – it was completely unreasonable and unjustifiable, please forgive me" As Jean said this; she moved in close to Sidney and started to kiss her again. Once more, Sidney pulled away saying "So all this trauma is because you were jealous of a few innocent messages that Sam and I had exchanged? That is just crazy Jean. Why didn't you just talk to me about them or better still just trust me? I have seen a number of messages on your phone in the past few weeks from a Melissa but I just assume that they are business related because I trust you"

It was quite a shock hearing Sidney mention Melissa's name like that; a collision of two separate worlds – Jean could only hope that the fall out would be minimal. Jean rallied "Well yes, she is work related, there is nothing much to tell and obviously there is no romantic connection between us in the way that you and Sam had"

Sidney said exasperatedly "God how many times do we have to go over this Jean? I have no romantic feelings towards Sam at all now – none. We just need to move on from this and you need to understand that you can't just go off on one every time he sends me a text – there has to be trust between us both now"

Jean nodded enthusiastically – Sidney seemed to be calming down and Jean didn't want to say or do anything that might jeopardise that. Sidney continued "strangely, you haven't even mentioned the thing that sent you running from the flat the other day – the gun!"

Jean looked up a little sheepishly and said "I thought that I would let you get to that in your own time". She then smiled and moved towards Sidney once more saying "although it has to be said there is something incredibly hot about you having a gun" She was kissing Sidney's face as she was saying this and beginning to open the buttons on her shirt. Thankfully for Jean this time, Sidney began to lower her defences and said in a whisper "that's not the only thing you find hot about me is it jean?" and with a sensuousness and passion that were all her, Sidney started to kiss Jean back.