Prologue

The pale scarlet streaks of dusk sliced the darkening sky like the claws of the tribe Foreshadow knew all too well. It had been two years since Sparrow had abondoned him, after he told her the truth about who he really was, and the criminal life he was associated with.
Foreshadow glared into the distance, thinking about what had become of his beloved SkyWing mate. But then again, he knew she loved him no more, after she had found out what a monster he really was. But the truth was, Foreshadow didn't quite see his duty that way.
Three days before Sparrow had left him, she had begun to act queer and anxious, and had been hesitant to leave him after everything. It was seldom that Sparrow was open about anything, which, Foreshadow already knew from seeing her future, but.....
Something was missing.
Foreshadow stared longingly as the last streaks of scarlet disappeared from the sky, thinking about what could have possibly happened.
Suddenly, he paused.
As he looked down Sparrow's path, he could see something odd...
It was very blurry, but...
Wait..
There was a dragonet with her, one with beautiful ember colored scales like her, but with queer black stripes and spots...
Foreshadow peered closer, focusing all his attention and seer powers on the dragonet.
No..
It couldn't be...

Sparrow had taken the neckband he had given her as a gift two months ago, that he had enchanted to disguise the wearer as whatever the dragon who puts it on the other pleases.
But the catch was; the wearer couldn't choose himself.
No...no...!
Foreshadow thought, realization clawing at his heart like a thousand fire scaled talons.
Sparrow fitted it over the dragonet's head, and Foreshadow watched with a dead weight of dread weighing down his heart, as the black stripes and spots disappeared from the dragonet's scales, leaving behind an ordinary SkyWing dragonet.
Foreshadow closed his eyes so tight that the vision vanished, and he let out a roar of fury.
That's what Sparrow what hiding from him...

Their son.