Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

(Payton's pov)

I can't believe Luke. He thinks i can't save myself. I could live perfectly fine without him, or my family, or anyone who I've depended on. I just haven't trusted myself. But i have to learn how.

*****

I walk into my house, when i see my little cousin, Rachel, putting on mascara. She's 6...

"What are you doing?" i ask sitting next to her.

"Well," she starts, "all girls need makeup to be pretty. And my mommy got me it, so i used it."

"You- you don't need makeup to be pretty. No one does... And isn't that expensive?" I ask taking the gold-lined bottle out of her hands.

She nods proudly, "Mhm."

She continues to explain how she gets the money from her parents so it never runs out. I occasionally nod, but i can't hear anything she's saying.

My mind is elsewhere.

Luke was right, I'm brainwashed, and it's happening to everyone in this family. I am pathetic, because i never realized that people these days are being controlled by money, fame, and beauty. But he realized, and tried to watprn me, but i freaked out at him.

A sickening pain strikes my stomach, and i put my hand on the ground, to steady myself because i feel i could pass out any second.

I have to change this.

I have to get Luke back. All he wanted to do was help me, and I probably made him feel horrible.

---------------

Sorry i haven't updated in a while. I didn't know what to write about, but hopefully it will get better.