CHAPTER 4 : SHADOW

"Will you come home early today, darling?" Sarah asked on the phone.
"Looks like i can't Sarah. Kyla didn't come to work today, so i need to take her shift for tonight." Angeline replied while still busy managing the coffee ordered.
" Oh ya? Hmm... wish you were here. I'm lonely though. And i got to tell you something.....before its too late." Sarah sound a little bit frustrated and worried as well. Something is wrong??  Angeline thought but then just decided to just shrugged it off cause her mind is too muddled up with all the works as Kyla didn't present.

Angeline said she sorry and hung up the phone quickly. Out of the blue, there are a lot of customers that night. Angeline hope Sarah can understand.

4 Hours passed and finally Angeline can catch up her breath. The cafe finally closed. Not wasting anymore precious time to be with her sister, Angeline pack up her things and went up to the nearest bakery. She want to buy the chocolate brownies which is Sarah's favorite.

' Hope this will cheer you up again'

Walking out from the bakery, Angeline try to call her sister. But no answer came. Being positive, Angeline thought that her sister might be busy preparing the ice cream to sell for tomorrow. Angeline just shrugged off and walk to the bus stop.

20 minutes of journey, Angeline arrived at her house area. Suddenly, there is a man who looks so panic got into the bus as quickly as flash. Angeline almost fell on the floor when the man hit her shoulder but thankfully she success to hold the bar.

' Whats wrong with this man?' Angeline mumbled herself. The man turn his body to Angeline but no words of sorry came out. Just a quick pace of breath. Looks like he just got chased by wild dogs. But just for 5 seconds, the man turn away again and walk to the seat at the very back of the bus.

Angeline somehow feels familiar with that figure. Looks like she once saw him before. The black cap, black hooded,....but she just can't remember when and where.

Angeline got back to reality when the bus driver called her 'Miss' and remind her that they got another journey to be done.
" Sorry, miss. we can't wait for you to get off my bus until tomorrow." The driver said with a stern voice. Angeline said a slow sorry and get off the bus.

     It's quiet chilly here... maybe because its autumn season

     Angeline slip both of her hand into her pockets to get some warmth. In the cold breeze of night, rather than feeling calm, Angeline feels insecure. She feels like someone had been following her since she got off the bus. Angeline then take a quick step, almost look like she was running, towards her house.

     My heart feels something not right. Why is that??

     Angeline told herself while rubbing her chest. Something makes her heart feels so heavy though.
    Angeline then saw her house and a sweet smiled was created in her face. Can't wait to surprise her sister with the chocolate brownies that she just bought just now.

     "Sarah!! I'm home!!! Open the do....." Angeline was so shocked that the door was not locked. Sarah that i knew will never forget about the important things, especially safety.

     Angeline slowly open the door and it's not weird for her to hear the creaking sound produced by the old wooden door. But what makes her surprise that all the flowers at the yard had broken, messed, flattened. Likes there had been a war there. Angeline frowned her eyebrow and Sarah came through her mind. Dropping the chocolate brownies on the floor at the living room, Angeline run to her sister's room.

     "Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"