"Put me down!" Annabeth yelled.

     Amara rolled her eyes but did as they said. "You guys are no fun."

     "Yeah, well, I don't particularly enjoy being lifted into the air against my own free will," Annabeth retorted.

     The shadows grew long as they walked through the park, checking out the attractions. There was Ankle Biter Island, Head Over Wedgie, and Dude, Where's My Swimsuit?

     No monsters showed and as much as it should have made Amara relax, it just made her that much tense.

     They found a souvenir shop that had been left open. Merchandise still lined the shelves: snow globes, pencils, postcards, and racks of-

     "Clothes," Annabeth said. "Fresh clothes."

     "Yeah," Percy said. "But you can't just-"

      "Watch me."

     She snatched an entire row of stuff off the racks and disappeared into the changing room. A few minutes later she came out in Waterland flower-print shorts, a big red Waterland T-shirt, and commemorative Waterland surf shoes. A Waterland backpack was slung over her shoulder, obviously stuffed with more goodies.

     "What the heck." Grover shrugged. Soon, all Percy and Grover were decked out like walking advertisements for the defunct theme park. "You'll never catch me dead wearing that shirt. But those shorts are cute so don't mind if I do," Amara hummed as she looked through the rack of shorts, searching for her size.

     As Amara walked out of the changing room with her new shorts on and an extra packed in her backpack, she displayed her new clothing garment by pretending to be a runway model and doing a twirl at the end. "I think we can be classified as criminals now," she grinned, flipping her hair, still in the mindset of a model.

     "Pretty sure melting a hole into the Gateway Arch already made us criminals," Percy grumbled.

     "Yeah, but that wasn't our fault," said Amara.

     They continued searching for the Tunnel of Love. "So Ares and Aphrodite, they have a thing going?" Percy asked.

     "That's old gossip, Percy," Annabeth said to him. "Three-thousand-year-old gossip."

     "What about Aphrodite's husband?"

     "Well, you know," she said. "Hephaestus. The black-smith. He was crippled when he was a baby, thrown off Mount Olympus by Zeus. So he isn't exactly handsome. Clever with his hands, and all, but Aphrodite isn't into brains and talent, you know?"

     "She likes bikers."

     "Whatever."

     "Hephaestus knows?"

     "Oh sure," Annabeth said. "He caught them together once. I mean, literally caught them, in a golden net, and invited all the gods to come and laugh at them. Hephaestus is always trying to embarrass them. That's why they meet in out-of-the-way places, like..."

     She stopped, looking straight ahead. "Like that."

     In front of them was an empty pool that would've been awesome for skateboarding. It was at least fifty yards across and shaped like a bowl.

     Around the rim, a dozen bronze statues of Cupid stood guard with wings spread and bows ready to fire. On the opposite side from them, a tunnel opened up, probably where the water flowed into when the pool was full. The sign above it read, THRILL RIDE O' LOVE: THIS IS NOT YOUR PARENTS' TUNNEL OF LOVE!