"This might sound silly, but how about the roller skating rink?" She questioned, rubbing the back of her neck nervously after she finished speaking. Classy, but it was something most people typically forgot about when thinking of date ideas.

"I'd love to." Cole beamed down at her, letting his arm rest across her shoulders as it slowly moved down. A smile snuck upon her lips as her eyes met his. Her heart was beating so quick that she thought it may burst out of her chest. He was ruining her piece by piece. She placed her trust within his grasps, and she prayed that he will not throw it away.

"I hate him, but why do I feel the urge to kiss him?" Charlotte thought to herself as she gazed into his perfect irises. Everything about him was like a fantasy. His dark hair that stayed swept to the side of his head complimented his bright eyes perfectly. The way he wore dark clothes gave him a bad ass vibe that she was drawn towards. His sweet lips that spoke words of kindness now instead of hate made her want to hear his voice. Everything about him was simply entrancing, even if he looked like he hasn't slept in weeks.

The two of them sat in silence just gazing at each other. Neither of them made a move, but they just sat in silence enjoying each other's company. Charlotte didn't tear her eyes away from his until her laptop screen went black, signaling to her that it had died. She diverted her eyes away and groaned quietly to herself. "Piece of shit." She mumbled under her breath before she roughly closed the lid.

Cole didn't say a word as he watched her angrily shut her laptop lid and throw the rest of her school materials into her shoulder bag. She had this cuteness to her when she was mad, like a bunny who wanted him to think she was ferocious. He just watched her in silence, savoring this moment with her.

Last night, his conscience was going haywire. He had spoken to Ian over the phone around eleven, and of course the asshole asked if he was close to winning yet. Cole became frustrated and ended up throwing his phone, yet only a small crack was split down the screen due to his obnoxious tendencies. When he tried to finally go to sleep, his own voice was telling him how wrong this bet was and that the money just wasn't worth it. He didn't believe that for a second though, so he just pushed those thoughts to the back of his crooked mind and began to remember how rewarding this'll be when he won.

He was snapped out of his thoughts as Charlotte's innocent eyes trailed back to him and she spoke up. "I'm going to head back to my dorm. Thank you for giving me my book back, just text me the details for whenever you'd like to go skating." She swung her brown leather bag over her shoulder as she turned to walk away.

"Wait–" Cole quickly shuffled off of the couch and caught up to her as she left the library. She turned to look at him once he was standing next to her. Charlotte gazed at him questioningly until he opened his mouth. "I'll take you back to your dorm." He gave her a small smile before placing his hand on the small of her back and leading her along.

Once Charlotte made it back to her dorm, the two finally went their separate way and she closed the door once he left. Kristie was laid across her bed, Andy hovering over top of her as his free hand groped her in places Charlotte didn't want to speak of. She let out a loud, hefty cough to signal that those two were not the only ones in the room.

Kristie screamed before slapping Andy's hand away from her and kicking him off of the bed. He landed on the floor with a thud and she sat up on her bed, fixing her shirt and bra. Charlotte looked the other way, a blush creeping on her cheeks. Sure, the two of them had dressed in front of each other before. All best girl friends did that once in a while. She didn't expect to see another guy undressing her best friend as she walked through the door though.

"Charlotte, I thought you wouldn't be home until later." Kristie said as she tried to catch her breath. Andy rubbed his head for a brief moment before he slipped his shirt back over his head. She had to admit, he was pretty hot without a shirt on. Although he had too many tattoos for Charlotte's personal liking.

"Cole walked me back, I'm glad he didn't walk inside with me. That would not have been a great first impression." Charlotte tossed her stuff down on her bed before she looked back over to Kristie and Andy. She had lipstick smudged all over her lips from the make out session she had gotten walked in on, and Andy's eyes pierced through Charlotte at the mention of Cole's name.

Andy had made his departure shortly after Charlotte arrived, who luckily had been a côck block, and Kristie had made her way to the shower after apologizing a thousand times. She didn't exactly mind that her best friend was doing that, but she would have liked to have a heads up before she came barging in on their heated canoodling session.

She had taken her shower after Kristie had came out to wash away all of the dirt and grime from the day. After that, she made her way back out to her room in her pajamas and found her friend already passed out on her own bed. Charlotte just rolled her eyes to herself before quietly making her way over to her own bed.

With one swift click, she turned the light switch off so the room was pitch black. She took her phone in her hands, letting the screen be the only light provided in the dark dorm room. She had a few unread messages, so she decided to check those out first.

Cole: Hey, thanks for agreeing to go on another date with me. I know we got off to a rough start, but I'm glad we were able to work things out. Tomorrow after class, meet me in front of your dorm building and I'll take you rollerskating. See you then sweetheart ;)

A small smile crept upon her lips as she read his message. She was too tired to configure a proper response, so she just left it opened for the time being. For now, she decided to let herself doze off into a restful sleep, where the last thing on her mind was Cole and the amazing time they had shared together.

Let me just apologize now for not updating for a week or two. School just started and things have been crazy for me this past week. Just a heads up, people generally suck if you didn't already know! I'd say I can't wait for high school drama to end, but sadly it'll never end.

Thank you if you have read this story up to this point. It means so much to me and it has finally reached 450 reads! That's a new record for me, and knowing people have actually followed my story. I love all of you and your support throughout this journey. ❤️