-

After classes, Charlotte decided to head back to the library to try and get some more of her Psychology paper done. Of course, Kristie and the rest of her class had flipped out when the teacher asked how their projects were coming along. Kristie didn't even bother going to her next class because she had a lot of work to catch up on.

With her laptop under her one arm, she used to other to push open the double doors to the large library the campus provided. She made her way over to one of the few couches in the room before she plopped herself down and opened her laptop.

Her fingers began working magic on her laptop keyboard as she began researching the linkage between schizophrenia and certain drugs. She was very proud of how far along she has come on this paper, yet she still has a small setback since Cole still had her book.

As if on cue, she felt a tap on her left shoulder. She turned her head around to the left, but no one stood behind her. The sofa next to her dipped down as someone sat next to her. It was Cole, holding out the drug book he had stolen from her that day.

"How'd you know to come find me here?" Charlotte asked, raising her brow at him. He looked so attractive with his hair pushed back away from his eyes; it gave him a greaser kind of look, and she was definitely digging it. Cole looked tired, for the bags under his eyes were prominent in contrast to his skin. He was a man full of mysteries that she craved to unravel.

Cole just shrugged his shoulders before a small smile crept upon his perfect, plump lips. "You're a studious nerd, what can I say?"

"I thought we were finally done bullying me." Charlotte scoffed as she finally took the book from his hands. Now she could start on her research for her Psychology paper. Although, she wouldn't have minded if he had held onto it just a little bit longer. "Thank you again for last night."

"Not a problem." He ran his fingers through his dark hair, his green eyes drifting away for a few moments as he stared off into nothingness. "I can't force you to go on a date with me now that you have your book back, but would you like to do something again?"

Charlotte paused for a moment as she saved her current work in progress that she had typed up. This time, it was all on her will. She could say no and have the pleasure of never seeing him again. That's not what she wanted though. Charlotte wanted to see Cole again, she liked being in his presence.

Something about him drove her wild inside. Maybe it was the fact that he was finally trying to make amends with her after all of those months of misery. Or maybe, it was something more than that. Cole was crawling under her skin, and he lured her in with not only his charm, but his sea of lies. Although she may have thought in the beginning that she had him wrapped around her finger, she knew that the positions would soon be switched. She was intrigued by him, and was slowly falling into his trap.

"I'd love to." His whole facial expression changed as she finally spoke up. Cole grinned ear to ear like a child who had just received a Christmas present. It's a shame he practically had to force his cheeks to stay up in a fake smile that he has practiced all too well. He had finally broken down the antisocial walls of the girl who spilled her drink all over his clothes the first day. It was only a matter of time before he broke more than that.

"Would you like to choose where we get to go this time, princess?" He questioned, placing his arm on the back of the couch as he leaned closer to Charlotte. A light pink blush crept upon her cheeks as she gave him a shy smile.