.:Chapter 14: Virion Sabre:.

Jayanna, Goddess of Fire—often called the Goddess of Tyrants in other cultures—was tired of the bickering and complaining of her descendants. Even her favorite one, Lana, Ruler of Hell, is one of those bickering descendants.

So she decided to create a being, after creating the Mating Bond, who obeyed with no hesitation to every single order she made.

He was the Sacred Phoenix and was named Virion Sabre which meant Burning Blood in the old tongue.

He burned cities and kingdoms alike, with no hesitation just like what Jayanna had planned.

But the worst part of it all, he could never be killed by a simple blade or beheading. Jayanna created him not to die, but to be born again in mortal form and live as the Phoenix over and over again.

When Jayanna—along with other Gods and Goddesses— was exiled back to their own realm by the God of Creation—the creator of humans and Earthland— the Phoenix created his own kingdom, his own court, to compete against the strongest court, The Marcata Court.

From spite— he did it all from spite and utter wildness like the fire he created.

And so he burned the entire court to cinders and asked some of his own creations to kill the High Lord and Lady with his own sword, Xavier.

But that was also his downfall too.

He realized that doing this— promising that he would bring peace by taking down a powerful kingdom—was making him a monster.

He was a creation, not a monster.

He repeated those words whenever he heard people screaming.

Virion paced at his study the moment the shouts and fire was gone

Virion paced at his study the moment the shouts and fire was gone. The kingdom he burned did not leave anything—even ashes or blood.

He didn't want this to happen. Well, he did, but not in this sort of way.

This was to send a message to the court, to burn down the kingdom and kill the High Lord and Lady for their heir to reign and possibly ally or start a war with him.

Not to kill innocents and children and—God knows how many—infants and everything else with it.

"You planned this, Virion. Don't look so stressed about it. It will send a different kind of message," his Second said, casting him a warning look. "You claimed they were tyrants and you killed them. If you continue to be... stressed, you will look guilty and that you have made a mistake."

"I did make a mistake, Yvonne," he replied, his voice rising but not loud enough to let anyone hear. "I only wanted to burn the city. Not it's people and it's heir! We could've made use of the people, put glamour on them and let them come to our side."