Christmas present

A/n: ok. I know that L can be OOC (out of character) sometimes,  and that's because I feel like when L really cares, he'd show compassion. He's not an emotionless person, he hides it, sure, that's just the ryuzaki persona. If you watched the anime as closely as I did, you can see how he sometimes lets emotion slip. That's why he can be OOC.

You wake up to the sun hitting your face, making you groan in annoyance and roll over. You couldn't get back to sleep so you decided to get up. You walk over to your advent calendar and take out the last chocolate, eating it as you walked downstairs. It was Christmas Day, but since you live alone, you didn't expect any presents under the Christmas tree. You'd just have some breakfast and maybe go see some family later on. You walk down the hall and open the door to the living room where your Christmas tree was. You opened the doors and rubbed your eyes, looking up at the tree. But you almost had a heart attack when you saw what... or rather who, was sitting under the tree.

"Merry Christmas!"

L.

An anime character was sitting under your tree with a present bow in his head.

You didn't know what to say, then you suddenly realised that you were standing in front of your favourite character. You snapped out of your shocked state and quickly began fixing your hair.

"You look fine" L laughed.

You were silent for a moment as you let his words sink in. It was then L noticed the death note logo in your shirt and the L logo all over your pyjama pants.

"I like your pyjamas" he said.

"Oh, um, thanks" you said.

He giggled and walked over to you.

"I'm guessing you don't know how to react?"

You just nodded in response.

"Thought so, I guess this would be a little shocking"

A little? THIS IS ALOT SHOCKING!

You felt your cheeks heat up.

"H-how-" you began, only to be cut off by L.

"I made a deal with a shinigami, it's boring up there once you die. I ended up watching other worlds, then made a deal with a shinigami, I get to live in one of those worlds as a live human and in return I stop any death notes from falling on this world" he explained.

You just started at him in shock and awe.

"Oh! And you don't have to worry about breakfast"

He grabbed your hands and pulled you into the kitchen where you saw a massive stack of pancakes with strawberries and chocolate sauce. Where has this guy been all your life?

"I- just... uh... thanks!" You stammered.

He giggled, finding your shocked and shy state cute.

"Merry Christmas (y/n)"