5: Mother Dove

Mother Dove

       All of our group had decided to spend the day by the waterfall, swimming in the pool below it. It had been a couple of weeks since my first day, so Summer was almost over and everyone was getting ready for Autumn, and being Spring fairies that meant we didn't have much work to do. I was wearing one of my Fucci outfits for the first time, it's called a swimming costume apparently, it's a pale blue, with soft but thin material. Two thin straps come up the front, cross over my back just above my wings and reattach on on the back of the material, which goes on to hug my body well and simply, and then spread out into a short, wispy skirt with a fold in the material where it would have joined around, leaving a small line gap. We couldn't swim very easily in the water because of our wings, and we had to wear special protectors over them to stop them from getting too wet and damaged.

     I plummeted my head under the freshly cool surface and glided along smoothly, trying to keep my wings flat. After a few seconds I splashed up again and shook the droplets off my face. "Hey Rani!" I called to a water-talent fairy who had sacrificed her wings to be able to swim, she was gliding along on her back - I don't think she ever really leaves the water.

"Oh, Annabell, Brother Dove," (Brother Dove is the bird she flies around on when she needs to get places), "told me that Mother Dove really wants to talk to you, must be important." She smiled and then dived cleanly under. I watched her long, bright blue dress twinkly under the water as she swam away. I hadn't seen Mother Dove again since our first meeting, what could she possibly want to talk to me about?

      On my way out of the water I said goodbye to Fawn, Silvermist, Rosetta and Iridessa, and then started walking along the path through the flower - my wings had to dry a bit more before I could fly. "Waterfall too boring for you huh?" A cool voice came from behind. I turned around to, sure enough, see Tinkerbell standing with her arms crossed. I'd tried to avoid Tinkerbell as much as possible so this was the first time we'd ever been alone together.

       "Not at all," I cleared my throat, "I just had to-" But she interrupted me.

       "I don't actually care, why would I?" She grinned slyly, and evil glint in her eye.

       "Did you come over here for any reason in particular, or just to torment me?"

       "Torment you, obviously. It's fun watching you try not to cry." She laughed, the glint still there.

       "You're not making me cry, I'm not a baby!" I crossed my arms and tried to look strong, but knew I was failing.

      "Just wait," she scoffed and then stomped towards the waterfall. Why did she hate me so much? I felt my face growing hot, I rarely got angry. I tested my wings and found they were dry so I flew into the air and full speed and raced towards Fall Forest. It only took me a few minutes so by the time I'd got there I had cooled down a bit but was still fuming, which Mother Dove noticed as soon as she saw me.

       "Something is troubling you, Annabell." She said calmly in her low, wisdomous voice. I stared at her, amazed, wondering and hoping she was going to continue. My anger evaporated.

       "You have barely been here a season, yet a particular fairy has already begun bringing you down. It is making you sad, but you seem to be trying to ignore it. Ignoring him or her will not do any good, you must confront the problem as if it weren't so." She stared, unblinking, into my eyes with her round, brown ones. It took me a few seconds to find my voice, "how can you know all that?"

       "I have eyes everywhere Annabell. I don't know who this fairy is, but I think it best that way. They are not all bad, I predict they are just jealous - you are a new fairy after all, all attention goes immediately to you whenever you go to new places and meet new people. Give it time." She nodded, signally that that was all she had to say. I started to step back, but in the last second lunged forward and hugged her smooth neck. She willingly put her head gently on my shoulder, and stayed this way for a second before I turned and flew off without a backwards glance.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 23, 2014 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Pixie Hollowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें