Jessica and her partner Adam walk up to me, both looking satisfied that he's finally paying for what he's done. I haven't seen them for years, not since I was a teenager and grieving over my parents. I'm older now and in a better place. I'll always miss my parents but I can't stop living because of it. 

"You did good Kid." Adam says causing me to laugh. 

"Thank you. I couldn't have done it without the both of you though."

"Oh please, we've wanted to get him for years. It's harder for you than us. You thought you could trust him."

"Well, I'm glad I saw sense. I'll live happily if I never have to see him again."

"For the murder of your parents, he'll never see the light of day. That I can promise you, sweetheart."

I hug them both, whispering my thanks again before they go. I might never see them again but I guess that only means good things. But before they leave, they both turn to me with an expression of sympathy. 

"Oh and Meredith, we heard about your accident. We're sorry they didn't catch the bastard. If you need anything, you know where to find us." 

"Yeah, me too." I murmur softly as I watch them drive away. 

I turn to Eliot with a secret smile. Little do they know that I've already caught her and that bitch is going down.

"Speaking of which, we should go. The hearing is in an hour." Eliot says and I nod in agreement, following him to the car.

In wolf law, a hearing is different. I decided to put Sarah through wolf law rather than human law. She is a wolf after all and she killed my child that had a wolf father, I am also mates with a wolf so it's acceptable. Crimes in the werewolf world are taken very seriously, especially the harm or death of another and such crimes can be punishable by death. 

We arrive at the hearing just as they begin reading out her crimes. We slip into the back of the room that's filled with many people, mostly the wolves that belong to Eliot's pack, including his family.

"Where have you guys been? You nearly missed it." Chase hisses at us quietly as the Judge speaks to the crowd. 

My eyes scan over the many people here, some that I recognise and others complete strangers but want to see Sarah punished. I look towards the front of the room where the Judge stands and next to him, Sarah wrapped in silver chains and surrounded by four guards. She looks a mess. Her hair is greasy and hanging limply around her face. There are dark circles under her eyes and she's as pale as a ghost. Wolf prisons aren't inhumane. They're just limited and designed for the utmost discomfort. From what I've been told, it's just a four by six cell that's coated in silver and as cold as ice. It's dull and lifeless, just a single bed and toilet with a sink, nothing else.

She deserves nothing more. 

"Sarah Adams, you have been accused of the following crimes. Murder of an unborn infant and the attempted murder of Meredith Brooks, mate to Alpha Eliot Hunt of the White Cresent Wolves and the mother of the unborn infant that was in fact, also a werewolf. Do you have anything to say for yourself before I read my verdict?"

Sarah glances at him, her eyes blank and emotionless before she searches the crowd. When her eyes settle on me, she grins wickedly almost like she's won. 

"I killed your baby. I only wish you died with it. You can't do anything to me." The crowd gasp but I don't even flinch. Nothing she says will hurt me. My baby deserved more than this world could give. This life is too cruel for her to be apart of when there are people like Sarah and Jack still living in it. 

I make my way through the crowd, despite the protests of Eliot and Chase and stop before the Judge. 

"May I say something, Charles?"

"Of course Meredith." I smirk, everyone seems surprised at my first name bases with the Judge. To some, it may seem disrespectful of his position but I've gotten to know him since Sarah's imprisonment and he insisted on me calling him Charles. I agreed, on the terms that he would call me Meredith instead of Miss Brooks. 

He helps me up onto the stage and I stand beside him, away from Sarah and face the crowd. 

"I lost my little girl a month ago after being run down by this woman. I blamed myself, I should have protected her. I blamed those around me, those that I loved because it was easier than admitting to myself that it just wasn't meant to be. I wish I had died with her, just like you said, Sarah. It would have been easier than dealing with this pain that I cannot seem to heal from. But the only person I blame now is you." I turn to Sarah, my smile dangerous. 

"You were jealous that Jack wanted me over his mate. You hated that I carried a child that was part of him so you had to get rid of the one thing standing between you and your mate. You thought running me over and killing my baby was the answer but you made the biggest mistake of your life. You pissed me off. I'm going to destroy you without lifting a finger."

I turn to Charles, the satisfied but subtle smile on his lips giving me confidence.

"Can I make a request in regards to her sentencing?"

"Sure. What is it?" He asks curiously.

"Don't give her the death penalty." Surprised and angry murmurs break out across the crowd. Charles silences them.

"May I ask why?" I look back over at Sarah.

"You think you're untouchable because you're a wolf and I'm a human. You might be right, physically at least. I don't have wolf strength but I don't need it to make you suffer and feel the pain I have for the past four weeks. Death is too easy. My parents' death and my little girl's death gave them peace from this cruel world but you don't deserve peace. I want you to suffer for the rest of your existence. 

I've had your mate locked away in a human prison, a reinforced prison that he'll never escape from for the rest of his life and miles away from you. You did all this to be with your mate but you'll never see him again and I hope that causes you the worst of pain. I want you to be locked away in a cold cell, never to see sunlight or a starry sky again. I want you to wish I had you killed because the pain is too much to bear. I want you to live and suffer the consequences of everything you've done, knowing that you brought it on yourself and there's nothing you can do about it."

It's silent in the room. Not a sound can be heard as I stare at the woman that caused me so much pain. Jack is locked away and receiving his punishment, I want her to have the same fate. I guess they really were made for one another.

"In that case, Sarah Adams, in light of the evidence presented to me and the statement giving by the victim of your crimes, I hear by sentence you to life in prison. You will be taken to Blackwater where you will be put into isolation and live out the rest of your life there. Take her."

The guards escort her off the stage and out of the room as she screams abuse at me but it's drowned out by the cheers of the crowd that are pleased to see her go. I step off the stage, smiling as people pat my back and praise me for my speech as I walk past them to reach Eliot and his family. 

"You should have given her the death sentence." Eliot says as I stop in front of him, his expression slightly disappointed. 

"Like I said, death is peaceful. She deserves pain."

And I pray she suffers through every moment of it.

[ Hey Readers! What do you think? Let me know your thoughts in the comments and please vote if you like it. This is the final chapter before the epilogue. Sad times!! :( I hope you've all enjoyed Meredith's story. I'm not sure if I'll end up writing a sequel, let me know what you guys want. I hope you all have a fantastic day and I'll update soon with the epilogue. Thank you for reading :) ]