I tried to fall asleep but failed. I could only think of America. I thought of her bright smile and her lovely hair. I thought of her beautiful laugh and deep blue eyes. I remember the way she made me feel when I kissed her. I desperately wanted to hold her in my arms and tell her I loved her.

The Next Morning

I woke up the next morning hugging my pillow. My butler walks through the door.

"Good morning Your Majesty>"

" Hello Adam."

Adam helps me get ready and tells me my schedual.

" You have meetings all afternoon Your Majesty." Adam tells me.

I sigh frustrated.

"Do you think I could take the afternoon off? I cant really think while America is missing."

"I could ask your advisors for you, sir."

"Please do that, and you can call me Maxon."

The twins and I go to breakfast. I asked the chefs to make my favorite meal when I was the twins age. The maids come out with three plates of blueberry waffles and fruit. A maid brings me my coffee and chocolate milk for Eadlyn and Ahren.

" I want coffee." Eadlyn says.

" You have enough energy already I cant imagine what you would be like with coffee in you." I say laughing.

After lunch I go to my office with the twins. I have some maids bring them some toys to play with so they wont get bored. I geuss I could have left them with Marlee or one of the maids but I was the only one they were comfortable with and I didnt want to leave them with a stranger while thir mother was missing.

The twins fall asleep on my floor and I laugh. I hear a knock.

"Come in." I say as quietly as I can so I dont wake up Eadlyn and Ahren.

Williams one of my advisors comes in and bows.

"Your Majesty we have some news about Lady America." he says loudly.

"SHHHH!!" I say motioning to the twins. my heart

" Im sorry Your Majesty." I get up and follow him to the confrence room. On the way I see one of Americas old maids Mary. She to had been crying. I ask her to go to my office and get the twins.

I walk into the room and the advisors all stand.

"Your Majesty," one of them says. " We know where Lady America is."

Americas POV

The man talks to the camera. On another screen I see Maxon. His face was full of shock. I told myself to stop crying and be strong for Maxon. He needed to know I was going to be okay. He ran out of the room and i began crying again.

1 hour later

I finnaly stoped crying but then I thought of Eadlyn and Ahren and all the tear started up again. I hoped they didnt know what was going on. I didnt known want them to worry about me. I wonder what they are doing. I hoped they were okay. Im sure Maxon was with them protecting them. He was such a good dad. I hoped I would get see our family again. The twins didnt even know who Maxon was. Why was Kriss doing this? If she hurt me or the twins Maxon would never even thinl about staying married to her.

Just then Kriss walked into the room. "Hello America!" she says and I don't respond.

"How are you?" she asked laughing and I still don't respond to her.

"Do you want to know what is going to happen?" The offer sounded tempting but if i tlked i would give Kriss what she wanted. After a few minutes of me not talking, Kriss talked anyway.

" I will be Maxon's queen. We are going to tell him you are dead and he will be forced into taking me back. Of course we are not actually going to kill you. It would so much more miserable for you to live the rest of your life here, never seeing Maxon again." Her idea was so stupid if Maxon knew that Kriss was the one who kidnaped me he would have her killed. But as if he read my mind Kriss saud, "And just so you know Maxon has no idea that I am involved in this kidnapping."

"Why are you doing this Kriss?" I finnaly said.

"Because I deserve to be queen you dont have what it takes!" she snapped.

"And your brats are to dumb to be the heir!" JUst ike that my heart collapsed I coud only think of them.

"What are you going to do to them?" I asked tears brimming at my eyes.

Kriss started to laugh. "Well I havent really figured it out. I was thinking of maybe sending them to an orphanage or once they are old anough I will make them servants in the palace."

"Maxon would never let you do that!"

"Unless Maxon is not their to stop me." she said laughing harder.

"You are going to kill Maxon?"

"Well not right away. But eventually I will have no choice. He is the only thing that stands between me and full control of Illea!"
How could Kriss do this. She was a monster! Harming innocent children and Maxon! I wanted to slap her but my hands were tied together behind my back.
Kriss walked out of the room, and I broke down. She was hurting the ones I loved the most. She was horrible and needed to be stopped.
Maxon's POV 
"Where is she!?" I asked.
"She is in a southern rebel camp in south west Zuni."
"Well then what are we doing here! Let's save America!"
"Sir it is not that simple. We need to come up with a plan to rescue her safely. We need to figure out what the rebels want. For now we need to wait.
"Why should we just sit here while America is in harm! We need to save her! Right Now!!" I yelled. I was furious. How dare they want to sit here and wait for the rebels!

"Sir please calm down! We need to think reasonably. Right now they expect us to go look for her. In a couple of months they will think we forgot about her and then will be the right time to rescue her!"

"What is wrong with you people?! America is in a rebel camp. She is scared and probably being harmed! And if you wont rescue her, I guess I will have to do it myself!" I walked out of the conference room and slammed the door. I went to my room and slammed that door to. I heard crying coming from the queens suite. Great I scared the twins! 

I went to their room and picked them up. "shhhhh," I whisper to them. I take them for a walk in the garden to try to clam them (and myself) down.

"Your Majesty!" I heard my butler, Adam, call. I turned around and saw Adam running towards us.

"Hello Adam" I say. 

"Your Majesty, this just came for you. It is very urgent." he handed me a letter. I asked him to take the twins back to my room. I looked at the envelop curiously. What could be so important?

I opened the envelop and unfolded the letter. The handwriting was sloppy and I could barley read it.

When I was finally able to  read the letter I read it one more to time just to make sure I was right about what it said. I read again sill not believing  what it said.

America was dead.

Authors Note

OMG I'm so so so sorry for not updating all week. unfortunately I will change my posting schedule to one chapter per week. I'm so but I'm just really busy with school and after school activities. I will try to update as often as possible. I promise

Any way I hope you enjoyed the story sorry for the crapy tittle once agin I could not come up with anything better.

Thank you for reading
- Alison🤓✌️🤘✌️

QOTD: Aspen or Maxon

AOTD: MAXON!!!