#79: You're childhood friends who reunite (part two)

Start from the beginning

Calum: A few weeks have passed since the day you came back to this state to stay with your grandmother for the entire summer break, and it's been the best four weeks so far yet you were sad that you had to leave all of this behind in a month. You've been spending so much time with your childhood crush, Calum and his three best friends, Luke, Michael and Ashton, who are all in this band called 5 Seconds of Summer. Calum's learned about your talent in songwriting recently, and has asked you to help him with writing a few songs. He told you that there's this guy who was interested in signing them and that would be a huge opportunity for them, but they had to write a few songs and record demos so he could hear them first. You didn't mind helping him at all, you honestly liked it because you got to spend a little alone time with him, except when the boys come over to fuck around with you guys and distract you. But you liked their company as well, in just a short amount of time, these four boys have become the best friends you've always wanted and you didn't want to think about leaving them in a month. You were on the phone with your best friend, who you missed so terribly since you left for Sydney and no matter how hard you try, you just can't seem to get rid of her as she had so many stories to tell. You shot Calum an apologetic look and he just nodded, smiling back at you as you turned around. "Um listen, I need to go but I'll call you later, bye!" You quickly hung up on her, despite her protests and you turned back to the black haired boy who seemed to be scribbling something on a piece of paper. "I am so sorry," You apologized, making him chuckle and shake his head. "I understand, she must have missed you a lot," he replies, pulling away to look at you. "We should start writing right now," You suggested, sitting down on the edge of his bed beside him but he just shook his head at you. "You know what? I think we should just take a break for a moment, the deadline's in a month and we've still got plenty of time to write. You've already helped us write four songs, this can wait." He grins, setting the piece of paper and pen aside as he laid down on his bed. You giggled, looking out the window and gasping as you saw that it was raining outside. You swung your legs off the bed and walked towards the window, pressing your palms against it. You watched as the raindrops ran down the glass, smiling as they never seemed to end, each raindrop was replaced with another. "I like the summer rain," You told him, turning back to a smiling Calum. "Me too," He beams, and you shyly made your way back to him. "I'm so sorry, I just get excited easily. I just really like the summer rain," You tell him, and he pulls you towards him. He wraps his arms around your waist and falls back unto the bed, bringing you with him. You were laying on your back, with Calum's arms wrapped around you and your head was on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. You giggled, wrapping your arms around his waist as well as you continued to listen to his heartbeat. You two stayed still in silence, with only the sound of the rain outside floating in the air. He looked down at you, your smile growing as you locked gazes with him, "You know what this feels like? It feels like we're disconnecting ourselves from the world," He says, taking in a breath. "And it feels good. It feels good to just lie here and listen to the sounds of nature with someone, it's been a long time since I've done that." Your lips tugged upwards at his words, and you realized he was right - it felt good to just disconnect yourself from the world for a bit, especially if it was with someone you liked a lot. "We put the world away, we get so disconnected," You laughed, as he continued to smile at you. And it was in that moment you realized, that the feelings you harbored for this boy wasn't just a simple crush - it was something more and you prayed that he somehow felt the same way.

Luke: You thanked Luke as he stepped aside so that you can come inside his house. Three days later, you and Luke have decided to start with your little project. He told you to come to his house and he gave you his address, and now here you are, standing in his living room awkwardly as he closed his front door. He gestured towards the couch and you nodded, sitting down on it as he looked at you, scratching the back of his head. You could feel the awkward radiating from the both of you, and you wanted to cut the tension between you, it sucks being awkward. "D-do you want anything to eat?" He asked, playing with his lip ring which made you flush a little bit. You shook your head, keeping your head down so he doesn't see the blush on your face. He cleared his throat, muttering something to himself and sat down beside you. "Do you want to start this or should I?" He asked, and you finally got the courage to look at him. His beautiful ocean blue eyes stared right back at you and you pointed to him, nodding, "Please go ahead." Luke ran a hand through his hair, tugging it upwards and you licked your lips, focusing your attention to his face. "My name's Luke Robert Hemmings, I'm seventeen and I was born on the sixteenth of July. I have two brothers named Ben and Jack, and my parents are Liz and Andrew." His eyes flickered away a bit, as if to think and he cast them back to my face, "I like to sing and play the guitar, music is my passion and my favorite bands are Blink 182, All Time Low and Green Day." He turned to you and shrugged, "I don't even know what I'm supposed to say now. Do you want to know anything specific about me?" You tapped your chin with your finger, thinking for a little bit. So far, all he's given you are basic information about himself and that could only fill about a fourth of your first page. "Why don't you try telling me something significant that happened to you when you were a kid? Did you meet someone when you were a kid? A friend that you could never forget maybe?" He hummed, and broke into a smile. "There was this one girl when I was a kid," he started. "She was a really strange girl, I met her when we were in kindergarten and I'm pretty sure she's the strangest person I've ever met." His eyes twinkled when he talked about this girl as well, it was cute. "When I met her, she was shoving crayons up her nose and I stopped her, telling her that putting crayons up her nose was wrong and weird." He continued, and you furrowed your eyebrows at his continuation. "I asked her why she was putting crayons up her nose and she told me she wanted her snot to turn blue." Your eyes widened as he laughed, and you began to nibble on your bottom lip. "Really? What did you tell her then?" "I told her that she couldn't color snot and to pull the crayons out of her nose, but she just said no and put some crayons up in my nose too. That was how I met her, I could still remember her name and she practically became my only friend back in kindergarten." You blinked twice, still not believing that this boy - the beautiful blonde boy in front of you was the Luke, the Luke you were best friends with back in kindergarten. It was amazing to see how much he's changed, he definitely made puberty his bitch but he still kept his awkward, he hasn't changed at all. "She had the same name as you," He says, looking at you seriously. "You remind me of her too, the way you laugh." You interrupted him, holding a hand up as you smiled, "That was actually me, you nut."