#155: He's your brother's best friend and he checks you out

this amazing idea was contributed by @Mertanner!! thank u sm!!

also i know you guys are so sick of this by now but preeeetty please check out my michael fanfic catch fire if you want

Ashton: Another exasperated sigh escaped your lips as you tried to block out all the noise that was coming from your family's garage downstairs. The constant yells and loud laughs combined with the sound of their band music was really testing your now thin patience. You were trying to get some studying done for a quiz tomorrow in calculus, but your older brother and his annoying band mates are currently ruining every chance you have to pass this calculus test. You attempted to study once more, but a shrill shriek rang through the house, causing you to throw your textbook at the wall in frustration. You've had enough of their shit, you thought, as you stomped off to your house's garage to give those four dumbasses a piece of your mind. Their laughs echoed off the walls, and grew louder as you drew nearer and nearer, and finally, when you were finally in front of the garage, you slammed the door open with a furious expression. All four boys stopped immediately and turned to you, eyes wide and shocked faces. "Can you all please just shut the fuck up?" Your voice boomed, the small room echoing the loud voice, making it seem a lot scarier than it actually is. "I'm trying to study for an exam, but I can't because all of you are making too much noise." You glowered at each and every one of them, from Luke, to Michael, to your brother Calum, and finally, Ashton. You were too enraged by their actions to even notice the eldest in the group stop to admire every detail of your body, your face and your hair. "If you guys make those obnoxious noises again, I will cut your balls off and sew them to your asses." Your glare pierced through each and every one of them, before stopping on the curly haired boy whose eyes were trained on yours rather intensely. You rolled your eyes at him before turning around to leave, hoping these little shits would at least listen to you, for once.

Michael: "Who's gonna be there?" Your eyes gazed upon your stepbrother's hazel-green ones, as you continued to walk to your group's meeting place on the second floor of the mall. You were going to hang out with your brother's best friends today, since you had nothing better to do and your girlfriends were all busy doing god knows what. Your stepbrother asked if you wanted to come along with him to the mall, where he was going to hang out with his friends. You came, of course, since you did know a few of Ashton's best friends and you've chilled with them a few times. You just hoped that the boys wouldn't mind someone outside their inner circle joining the group today, since this was supposed to be a guy's night. Or in this case, afternoon, or something. One minor detail you forgot to ask before agreeing was about who was going to be here today, since you were so close to dying of boredom and you desperately needed something to do, no matter how unproductive. "Calum, Luke and Michael," He responded, running his fingers through his curly blonde hair. You blinked twice as the last name he uttered registered in your mind. Michael's gonna be there. You've had the biggest crush on the punk rocker for the longest time, and the only reason why you want to hang out with the boys was because Michael was usually with them. You found yourself blushing as you anticipated seeing Michael again, as you haven't seen him for a while now. You longed to see that gorgeous smile, those beautiful emerald colored eyes, and hear that adorable laugh he always does whenever Calum does something dumb. "Hey guys!" Your eyes widened upon hearing Luke's voice in the distance, and your eyes finally spot the three tall boys waving at the two of you. Michael had a huge grin on his pale face, and you could feel your heart pumping twice as fast at the sight of him. You and Ashton drew closer to the three smiling lads, and two youngest boys pounced on your older brother. Turning around, you were greeted with the sight of Michael smirking at you, his green eyes travelling downwards then upwards again, his smirk growing after every passing second. Did he just check you out? But you didn't get the chance to confirm if he did, as he turned right back around to greet your older brother as well. You breathed out a rather disappointed sigh, which he seemed to have caught, because he peered over his shoulder and dropped his right eye into a wink, sending the blood rushing to your cheeks.

Calum: "No, I kinda like it," Your eyes scanned the white blouse your best friend was showing you, nodding as you told her your honest opinion on the article of clothing. You were presently at Macy's, and you were spending the afternoon with your best friend. She then dragged you all around the mall, in hopes of finally spending her well-earned money from her job at the pizza place. You couldn't refuse, after all, seeing as she's your best friend and she deserved to buy something pretty for herself after working so hard to earn her paycheck. She pursed her lips, staring at the blouse for a few more moments before nodding as well. "Okay then, I'll buy it." She turned to you, pulling out her wallet from her bag. "You don't mind waiting for me outside, do you?" Shaking your head, you shot her a smile before heading outside the shop to wait for your best friend to finish paying for the blouse. You turned your head, checking the nearby shops to see if you want to check something out but frowned when you didn't see anything you actually liked. You decided to just check out Twitter or something, so you quickly fished your phone from your pocket and unlocked it. Your finger quickly tapped on the Twitter app, and once your timeline loaded, you began to scroll through the various tweets (mostly rants) from the people you followed. You heard laughter from your near right, causing you to curiously look up from your phone screen to see whoever was laughing. Your eyes widened when they met a familiar face, and the boy also caught your eye. It was your brother's best friend, Calum Hood, and he had a smile on his face as he passed by. You didn't miss the way his eyes appreciatively wandered down to your body, then to your face, and he knew very well that you saw him checking you out as he passed you. You swiftly turned back around, your cheeks turning a bright pink after the exchange and hoped that Calum didn't see your cheeks flush, as you knew you wouldn't hear the end of it if he told your brother. "Hey, you okay?" Your best friend asked, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion as she looked at you. "I'm fine, shall we go?" She noticed how flustered you were, but you're glad she didn't say anything as you two continued to wander around the mall, and as you did, you shoved the memory of what happened earlier to the back of your mind.

Luke: "Where are you going?" Your brother asked, as you passed by the living room, where he and his friends were hanging out. You groaned inwardly, knowing that Michael was bound to ask about your little outing, even asking about the tiniest detail. He's always been a very overprotective brother, but sometimes, you just want to break free of his protectiveness and do whatever you want without any questions. You turned to look at him, and met the curious stares of the three other males with him - his three best buds, Calum, Ashton and Luke. They were usually hanging around in your living room and your garage, practicing their songs and making new ones as well. They were all nice to you, which is why you don't mind them hanging around, but whenever Michael shows how overprotective he is of you in front of them, you can't help but feel annoyed and embarrassed. "I'm going out," You stated the obvious, playing with the ends of your hair. Michael sighed, gesturing towards your chosen outfit, which consisted of a little black dress which ends mid-thigh and black strappy heels. You noticed the blue eyed boy eye you from the corner of your eye, his lips parting ever so slightly, which gave you a little more confidence. You just hoped your face won't flush with the amount of attention you were receiving from the attractive boy, and it was inappropriate given the circumstances at the moment. "Why are you wearing that? I can't have you wearing that," Michael frowned. Your annoyance built up after his statement and you folded your arms across your chest. "I can wear whatever I want, whenever I want. It's my life, Michael, and I know that you're just looking out for me, but please. You need to stop treating me like a child." You told him, adjusting the strap of your purse. Michael's features quickly softened as the weight of your words sank in, and he shot you a small smile. "Fine, I'm sorry. Enjoy your night." You grinned, waving at the four of them and flashing Luke a smile when he waved back. Turning to leave, you were determined to do exactly what your older brother said. You wouldn't want to waste the night.