Chapter Thirty-Three: Because I'm Happyyy

[f]

"Ahhh, that was bomb!" Kuro sighed happily as she left the cafe, followed closely by Sasori. In the end, she'd opted for a poached egg and avocado on a piece of whole grain toast, with a side of strawberries and cream. She gave up on the coffee and stuck with a box of apple juice.

"You eat like a child," Sasori snorted as the two continued their journey down the street.

"Excuse me?" Kuro flipped her hair over her shoulder dramatically. "In case you weren't aware, my parents own a deli. I'm a food connoisseur. I know what's up when it comes to good food."

"You know, you sound a lot better when you have your mouth shut."

Kuro glared at the him with a look of disbelief. "Excuse me? You look better with my eyes closed, you li'l shit." She turned on her heels, stomping away.

"I—I was trying to make a joke," Sasori cried exasperatedly, trotting to catch up with her. Kuro never spared a second glance back as she moved forth. She didn't bother slowing her pace when Sasori finally caught up to her—then she suddenly jolted to a stop. Sasori looked at her incredulously and followed her wide eyes.

In the distance, a ferris wheel popped up over the roofs of the shops. A ferris wheel meant there was an amusement park nearby. Kuro opened her mouth excitedly, but closed it when she remembered how massively annoying Sasori was. He looked at her and sighed.

"If I agree to take you to the amusement park, will you stop being such a brat?" Sasori asked. Kuro's eyes lit up and she nodded vigorously. Sasori scoffed. "What a child."

But he led her in the direction of the park without another complaint. Once they arrived, they realized that a majority of the park was mostly built for children. However, there were definitely a few rides meant for them, like a massive rollercoaster, and a haunted house.

Excitedly, Kuro ventured inside and gazed around the park in wonder. Sure, there were kids everywhere, and the rides weren't anything special—but it had so much potential. Sasori bought the two many tickets, and off to the park they went.

First, they started with a ride that spun its riders around in circles, depending on how and which way they leaned. Gravity would spin them around wildly. Once Kuro and Sasori boarded, she realized that he had a rather weak stomach. To begin with, he was reluctant to get on. The ride was filled with laughter as Kuro jerked herself side to side, rocking the carrier around quickly. Sasori wore a face of disgust, and it was clear that he was trying to hold his stomach in.

When it was over, Sasori staggered shakily off the ride, holding his mouth. He was paler than usual, and threw Kuro a glare as she cried with excitement.

"That was so much fun!" she laughed, already bolting in the direction of the merry-go-round. "C'mon, dollface! You're gonna get left behind if you don't try to keep up with me."

Sasori closed his eyes and sighed with regret before chasing after Kuro, soon boarding the merry-go-round begrudgingly. It was rather embarrassing; he sat rigidly with his arms crossed over his chest as he bobbed up and down on his purple and yellow stallion.

After the merry-go-round came the spinning cups, then the airplane storm ride, then the bumper cars. In between the rides, they took snack breaks at different little treat shops. Once they shared a spear of pink cotton candy, and another time, they stopped to grab some ice cream. Sasori complained that he was becoming tired of the sweets, but he was no match for Kuro's sweet tooth. They shared another bag of candy and stopped once to buy another spear of cotton candy.

Finally, they arrived at the biggest rollercoaster in the entire park. It soared high above into the sky and dropped in a colossal straight fall, gliding into numerous loops and drops. To Kuro, this ride was definitely the most exciting. She had to practically beg Sasori to board with her; after the airplane ride, he had lost all of his willpower to keep up with her. Admittedly, he had a little bit of motion sickness—and a rollercoaster was his worst enemy. But he wasn't going to admit that. The only reason he eventually agreed to ride with her was on the condition that Kuro would check out the haunted house with him afterward.