#2 Kazoo Kid

"Hurry up and get in the car rat." Alex sneered at Jackson as he started the car. Jackson only replied by flipping him off, before laying down in the back seat.

"Whatever," Jackson said as he yawned, pushing his brown hair out of his face. "At least I get the backseat to myself." I snorted at his innocence, he could be cute when he wanted to.

"Not at all retard. Jamie is gonna be in the back with you, I said she was going to remember?" Alex had already driven out of our driveway by now, and we were on the road.

"Not Jamie," He whined as he sat up. "She's always all over me, it's annoying." Jackson groaned at the thought, Alex rolled his piercing green eyes.

"Aren't you a lucky rat. Jamie is hot, I wouldn't mind getting her attention." Alex said with a smirk as we pulled up to Jamie's house, which was only a five-minute drive from our house. Jamie came running to the car and basically rolled into the backseat. Her blonde hair pulled into a ponytail as bangs fell in front of her amber eyes, her pale skin dotted with very few freckles. She looked around the car and smiled at the faces she saw.

"To the mall, we go!" Jamie cried as Alex drove away.

"And a welcoming hello to you as well."

***

Jamie was in one of the various makeup stores in the mall when she commented on how alike me and Alex both looked and acted. Alex did nothing but argue against it, but it was true. We had the same piercing green eyes and the thickest black eyebrows you ever saw, but at least I kept mine tamed. We had the same style and the same likes and dislikes. The only difference would be our hair.

"Your hair is lighter than mine." He argued pointing out our only difference.

"That's because more sun is on your hair." I hissed countering his argument.

"That's because you never leave your room you hobbit." He lets out a laugh as Jackson speeds over to us.

"Buy me a pretzel," Jackson stated bluntly, trying desperately to ignore the swooning from other girls in this store. I cross my arms as Alex raises an eyebrow at him. Jackson scoffs. "Please buy me a pretzel." He mumbles, kicking his feet against the floor.

"That's more like it Jack Rabbit, let's go, Jamie won't even notice we're gone," Alex says as he walks out of whatever shop we followed Jamie into. I shrug my shoulders and walk out with Jackson clinging to my arm. The sun shines in from the glass ceiling of the mall and I regret every decision I've ever made all at once. I quickly block the sun with my free hand and follow Alex to the food court, which was filled with both good and obnoxious smells. One of the obnoxious smells coming from the Chinese place that Alex naturally gravitates to.

"Alex," I scorn at him for at least the third time today. We bicker a lot, even for siblings. "You know we hate Chinese." I look to my side to see even Jackson gagging, and that kid eats everything.

"You don't have to order from here then, go take Jackson to get something else." Without a second thought me and Jackson walk away from the pungent odor. Jackson takes a deep breath of the fresh air we can now breathe. Jackson gets his pretzel and I get a slice of pizza. We grab a table and sit down on our phones, respecting each other's privacies while we ate. You can only expect this from two introverts. I started to swipe through Tinder when Alex sat down with his Chinese food.

"Hey dweebs." No response. "How's your food, did it cost a lot?" Silence. "So what store do you wanna go to ne-"

"Shut up fuck tard." Jackson and I say at the same time. I'd like to say it wasn't planned but it was. I texted Jack and we planned to say that the second Alex sat down. The powers of technology.

"Alright jeez, I'll stop talking then." I smiled as Alex stuffed his mouth with poison. Finally some quiet. I continued swiping through Tinder going through the same list of people with lower standards each time. I ended up just swiping everyone right at one point. Shortly after my desperate run through Tinder, I get a message from someone I matched with.

Kazoo kid - 'According to the laws of aviation, bees shouldn't be able to fly.'

'The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side' - Alice

Kazoo kid - 'Lol bye.'

'no, come back your cute'-Alice

Me and 'Kazoo Kid' texted for a while, we even texted on the way back home. I learned a few things about her. Apparently, she's in her last year of high school and is living with her two roommates, who apparently pay for everything in the house. She's needy, but a cutie. She has blond hair, soft green eyes and the palest skin I have ever seen. Freckles cover most of her body, her personality is pure and innocent.

Oh, and her name is Valentina Baker.

The whitest white girl you'll ever meet ladies and gentlemen.

***

Word count- 904