#1 Put Some Clothes On

When most people wake up, they wake to their significant other or breakfast in bed or maybe even the sun shining through the blinds on the window. Unfortunately, I wake to construction from outside and knocking on my door. I groan as I pull my greasy dark brown hair into a ponytail. I throw my heavy blankets off my body as I walk to go answer my door. I swing the door open to see my grinning older brother.

"Hi Allison, how's your morning?" He says putting on the fakest smile I've ever seen on his stupid face.

"Horrible, can you believe I woke up today? I wish I was dead." I roll my vibrant green eyes and begin to rethink my entire existence.

"Cool. Can I use your washroom?" He says not bothering to stall any longer. He runs a hand through his black hair and gags at how greasy it is. I could almost say he needs a shower more than I do. Almost.

"Why? I shouldn't have to do anything for you because you are such a terrible brother and you never do anything for m-"

"I'll give you a free ride for every five minutes I'm in there." Considering he has a license and I don't, this is was not a bad deal.

"Anytime?"

"Anytime, now can I go shower?" He asked me impatiently, though I could see a smile creeping up on his face.

"Yeah go ahead, loser." I stepped away from the door, letting him pass as he trips over my small trash can on the way to the washroom that was connected to my room, I giggled seeing him frustrated.

"That wasn't there before.." He grumbled before walking into my washroom, but before he closed the door, he called over his shoulder, "By the way, you should put some clothes on." He then swiftly closed the door as I glanced down at myself, I was only wearing a bra and underwear.

"Alex I hate you!" I cried as I darted for my dresser.

***

I sat down at the table eating my breakfast as a timer ran on my phone. Alex had been in the shower for 18 minutes and some change.

"Just two more minutes and ill have four free rides..." I mumbled as I bit into a chocolate fudge poptart, only to be greeted with a mouth full of poptart crust. "Really?" I groaned. My day hasn't started off great in the slightest bit. Not only had I woken up, but my washroom was occupied, I had also been hit with a massive migraine, and all my jeans were dirty, so I wore a casual dress and some converse. I ate my poptarts and drank my green tea waiting for Alex to finish his shower so I could dry shampoo my hair and brush my teeth. I look at my timer, just a few more seconds until it hit 20 minutes.

"Hello tea obsessed freak," Alex said as he stopped my timer just as it hit 20.

"You owe me four free rides and I get to use them as I please," I say not looking at him as I sip my tea. "So hurry and eat your breakfast, I wanna go to the mall with Jamie today."

"Your hot friend Jamie? Ill tag along then." He says as he basically inhales his poptart.

"You're going to the mall? Can I go too?" A small head pops up from under the table. His sudden appearance scares me and as a reflex, I deliver a quick kick to his crotch area. Alex and Jackson both fall to the floor, for different reasons of course.

"I can't believe you just kicked him in the balls!" Alex says between loud and uncontrollable laughter. I look over at Jackson who isn't the happiest camper at the moment.

"Shit Alice that hurt!" He groans as he holds his balls. I take a quick sip of my tea before facing him again.

"Don't call me Alice." I hiss as mom walks into the room, acting as if this situation was completely normal.

"So what's the game plan for today?" My mom asks making a cup of coffee at the coffee maker, which conveniently makes tea as well.

"Me and Alex are going to the mall with Jamie. We should be back for dinner." I say drinking the last bit of my tea.

"Great, you can take Jack then." Suddenly Alex stopped laughing and stood up, Jack looked overjoyed at the cursed words that had just been said.

"Ma you can't be serious, Alice took him last time and they brought back a flipping dog! Who knows what he will trick us into!" Alex exclaimed pointing to the fluffy white rat sitting next to my chair. Jackson named him Link.

"The kid is too cute for his own good mom," I added. I didn't feel like being guilt-tripped by Jackson again. "Besides, Alex is 18, I'm 17, and Jackson is 12. That's a big age gap if you ask me."

"You can either take Jack or not go at all, my decision is final." My mom said before sipping her coffee, I groaned and stood up from my seat, placing my mug in the sink.

"Someone start making me some tea and put it in a travel mug, god knows I'm gonna need it today," I said before walking upstairs to prepare myself for the day ahead.

***

Word count- 913