Messages

From; Grace Branning
To: Joey Branning
Thanks Joey, Aria is beautiful. Come on though, I know you haven't had a girlfriend or even a fling for years. Not since Lauren. What have you been doing all this time?

From; Joey Branning
To: Grace Branning
It was over a long time ago. Why are you pushing it now?

From; Grace Branning
To: Joey Branning
Your cover photo is still a picture of you and LAUREN. Anyway, if I can't persuade you to come to Walford to see her, then please come over later to meet baby Ari. It'd mean the world to me?

From; Joey Branning
To: Grace Branning
I'm sorry, Grace. I'm not coming to Walford. I've moved on with my life and I don't want to run the risk of seeing Lauren. I'd love to meet your baby tho, couldn't u get train to Watford? I finish work at 4 today.

From; Grace Branning
To: Joey Branning
Yes, meet me in the cafe near your work. Bring Al.

From; Grace Branning
To: Alice Branning
I'm bringing Lauren to see Joey later. Don't tell Joe, she doesn't know either.

At quarter past three, Grace rushed round to Lauren's. Steven answers the door. "Hiya, get Lauren for me." She ordered him. Lauren already had her shoes on, Grace pulled her by the arm, Louie didn't even have a coat on, only cradled in Lauren's clutches.

"Where are we going?" Lauren asked Grace as they walked up the train station steps, carrying Aria's pushchair.

"Just put Lou in with Aria. The pram is strong enough, she doesn't weigh much." Grace took Louie, placing him next to Aria, cuddling them up in Aria's blankets.

Grace saw Alice and Joey sitting in the corner of the cafe. Alice and Grace smirked at each other, their plan finally coming together, after years. "Alice, did you know about this?!" Joey fumed at his sister. Alice nodded, grinning back at him.

A smile plastered itself over Lauren's face, she hadn't seen Joey in at least three years. He was looking as handsome as ever. He still looked like he had a face like a smacked arse though. Lauren felt herself crumbling for him all over again as she walked closer to him. "Hi." She finally whispered.

"How could you do this, Grace?" Joey looked up at his cousin. "I told you, I told you no. I didn't want any of this. I wanted to meet your kid, that was it. Why do you have to be so insistent?"

"Don't you two get it?!" Alice piped up. "Back then, you thought you two were made for each other, you had your whole life planned with Lauren, Joe. Why did you change it so much? I know that you're not happy, why can't you see it? You haven't been happy for a long time, Joe."

"I DON'T CARE!" Joey shouted. "What right is it of either of you two to decide what's best for me?!" He stood up, starting to back out of the kitchen. "Leave me alone, all of ya." He made himself clear as he ran out of the cafe and down the road.

Grace sighed. "Look after Ari for me, I'll go after him." She kicked off her sandals and ran out.

Grace didn't catch up with Joey until he was stood outside his flat, looking up at the sky. It was getting on, the sky was starting to darken. Both the sun and the moon shone down on them. Grace was out of breath by the time she reached him, it had only just been three months since she had given birth to Aria. "I can't believe you have the nerve." Joey shook his head at her.

"Shut up, Joey. I was trying to help her." Grace shot back.

"And you think bringing her to me will help her? I don't love her, Grace, you know that!" Joey said, exasperated at his cousin.

"Yes you do, you fool, why won't you just ADMIT IT?!" She screamed, starting a shouting match between them in the street.

"YOU ARE SO UNGRATEFUL!" Joey shouted back at her, the tension rising between them. Nothing was said, they just stared at each other. Joey started to shake his head, he shoved her up against the wall, kissing her roughly. His lips made his way down her neck and back up to her lips. His hands slowly going up her skirt.

"Keys..." Grace whispered in his ear, he grabbed Grace's hand and opened the door, pulling her into his bedroom.

"That shouldn't have happened." Grace jumped away from Joey, slinging on her clothes. "I need to go find my baby and get out of here." She felt guilty, rushing away from Joey. "Don't come after me, please." She begged him.

Grace found Lauren and the babies still at the cafe. Lauren was chatting away to Alice. "Oh, finally decided to show your face. It's been over and hour and a half! What've you been doing?!" Lauren asked her. "Your child has been screaming, only just stopped."

"Oh baby," Grace picked up her baby girl, kissing her forehead, "sorry, you don't want to know. Come one, let's get home. I'm really sorry, Lauren. Today really didn't work out." Grace apologised, ashamed of herself.

"Oh, don't worry about it." Lauren waved her hand at Grace. "You tried, I appreciate it. He just doesn't want to know, it's his loss." Lauren smiled appreciatively at her. "Me and Louie are going to stay with Alice tonight, I'll catch up with you tomorrow?"

"Alright, seeya." Grace our Aria back in her pushchair and rushed off.

"She seems in a hurry." Alice commented.

From; Joey Branning
To: Grace Branning
Talk to me, you just rushed off

From; Grace Branning
To: Joey Branning
Leave me alone, it was a one off. Shouldn't have happened.

From; Joey Branning
To: Grace Branning
Hardly a one off, not like it has happened before.

From; Grace Branning
To: Joey Branning
I'm with someone. Stop it, Joey. There's nothing between us.

From; Joey Branning
To: Grace Branning
Make yourself believe that if you want.