JJ Branning

Grace and Lee were on their way to the hospital. To meet they new baby brother. Grace herself was already two months pregnant with their own son or daughter; if had given Lee a new light in his life. He was fighting his depression and he was getting to a place where he was finally happy.

"Grace are we finally going to meet Mummy and Daddy's baby?" Amy poked her head round from the backseat, looking expectantly at her older sister.

"Yep." Grace grinned back, popping her 'P', as they pulled up outside the hospital and Lee parked. "In seven months time, you and baby Branning will be coming to meet your niece or nephew." Amy pulled an excited face and unbuckled her seatbelt. She grabbed Lee's hand as she hopped out the car followed Grace into the hospital.

The three of them made their way through to the maternity ward and found Jack and Roxy. "Hey, there's my two gorgeous girls. Come and meet your beautiful little brother. Jack Junior Branning." He told them, ever the proud Dad. "Hopefully he'll have a playmate when your little one comes. A Dad and a Grandad in the same year, mental." Jack chuckled.

"Little JJ." Grace smiled down at her cute baby brother.

Grace picked JJ up and sat down with him, letting Amy climb up on her lap, sitting with both her younger siblings. Jack took a quick photo, it was a moment he wanted to be reminded of.

"If we have a boy, were calling him Michael, after my Dad." Lee revealed. "We decided yesterday."

"Michael Jack Carter, if the baby's a boy, remember." Grace corrected him. "Chances are it'll be a girl now we've got our perfect boys name." She shrugged. "Ollie, Louie, JJ and the baby will all be able to grow up together."

"So when do you get to bring him home?" Lee asked Jack. "And congratulations from us, by the way."

"Thanks, son. And later today, it's not our first baby so they aren't worried about Roxy or JJ. To think I almost missed all this. Incredible. You and Gray probably won't be allowed home the same day my grandchild is born, first time she's given born and all that." Jack explained to Lee, he was aware Les would need more help than most to adjust to being a father, it couldn't all fall to Grace.

"My Mum and Dad are getting so excited. I don't know how we're all gonna fit in the house. With Johnny back, Nancy'll be back soon, mum, dad, Ollie, then there's Babe." Lee sighed.

"Just come stay with us. We've got loads of space since Ronnie, James, Sharon and Denny moved out. You're my son in law, Grace is my baby girl and she always will be, anything we can do we'll be there. Anyway, you won't be here for long, as soon as baby's half a year old you'll be off round the world. Loving you life, with your wife and baby right by your side." Jack encouraged him. "I'm proud of you." 

Linda had decided she just had to throw a party at the vic in celebration of the birth of JJ. Jack and Roxy had been told to come to the vic as soon as they could, with everyone waiting there for them. Only family and close friends were allowed, the pub was closed for a 'private function' so the new parents didn't feel too crowded.

"I'm just saying, if you can name the baby after your Dad, then you can name it after me too, if it's a girl!" Linda protested.

"I'm not calling my daughter Linda. Michael I can live with." Lee chortled at his Mother. "Anyway, Grace can decide the name if it's a girl, I decided for a boy. I want a boy."

"Yeah, I so haven't heard that many times in the past week." Grace shook her head, smiling at her husband. "You're gonna be a great Daddy, babe."

"Only because you're by my side. Together, this kid will be happier than he could ever be." Lee promised her.

"Dad!" Grace grinned as Jack walked through, with JJ in the baby carrier. Icy followed behind. "We'll talk later, yeah? I love you." Grace kissed Lee's cheek and went to see her baby brother.

"I don't see why there's a party, just for a baby." Bobby Beale, who had been let out on bail, complained to Ian and Steven.

"Because JJ is special and Mummy and Daddy deserve it. You do know my Mum gave birth today." Amy sassed him. "JJ will be a better little brother than you ever were. He won't kill me. Daddy told me you did that."

"Shut up, Amy. You're just a kid." Bobby growled back at her.

Amy stuck her tongue out at him and sauntered off. Bobby was fuming as Lauren walked through the door, holding Louie, Bobby lashed out and Lauren fell to the ground. Grace caught Louie as she was going down, then helped Lauren up. "You ok?" She was concerned for her cousin.

"My baby, Louie, is he ok?" Lauren worried, she was in shock.

Grace held Lauren's arm to steady her. Already, Steven was by her side trying to help, even though they had broken up earlier that day. "Louie's fine, I caught him before you hit the ground." Grace reassured her.

"Are you ok?" Steven kept saying until she nodded at him. "How dare you?" He finally turned to Bobby. "Don't you dare, ever, hurt the woman I love or Louie. Even touch them again and I'll kill you."

"Steven." Lauren gave in, collapsing into his arms. "I love you too," she whispered into his ear, "don't let me go." She wiped her tears, taking Louie from Grace and kissing his head.

"Don't ever try and hurt my son." Lauren warned Bobby.

"In fact I think it's better if you leave." Grace crossed her arms. "Ian, it's not really the right place for him to be. Around children."