Dont Let Go

Grace bawled outside the hospital ward in Lee's arms as Roxy and Amy sat in wait. But Grace knew, she knew her Dad was gone. She had seen him die. No matter how much the Doctors tried to save him, Grace was sure that Jack was dead.

"Babe, it's ok. I promise you everything's going to be ok. Jack loves you and he won't leave you." Lee tried to comfort his fiancée. He didn't have the words to help her, he had no idea what to do. "Come on, dry your eyes, it's ok. I'm here, I've got you." Lee promised her, planting a soft kiss on Grace's forehead.

Linda looked an exhausted mess as she rushed down the hospital corridor to the vending machine. She needed a cup of tea and something to eat after sitting with Ollie all night. She hadn't had any sleep and was tired. Linda looked over in confusion to see her eldest son and Grace sat on the floor, her future daughter-in-law in floods of tears. "Grace, Grace darling, what's happened? Lee?" Linda asked in frustration.

"It's Jack." Lee let out. "He's dead."

Suddenly, a Doctor hurried out of the ward. "Branning family?" He was almost gasping for breath. Grace and Roxy nodded quickly, pleading for news that Jack was going to be safe and well, undead. "We've stabilised your Father, we've got to keep an eye on him for now, there's no way of knowing what will happen, but he needs a lot of rest. Please, don't strain him." The Doctor begged a little.

They all nodded willingly. "Anything." Roxy agreed.

"We need to speak to a Mr Jack Branning." Two police officers turned up. They were obviously investigating the crime of which had happened to Jack. "We're here to investigate the attempted murder if Jack Branning."

"He's resting, he's not up to an interview right now." Grace stood up, wiping the tears from under her eyes. "He just almost died. You can interview him when he's ready and that's it."

The officers nodded in agreement, respecting Jack's family's wishes. "We will have two officers outside the ward for protection." The first officer explained. "Then we'll interview him once he's up and ready. For now, we'll be doing all we can to get to the bottom of this.

"Thank you." Roxy nodded at them. "If you need to update us on the investigation, talk to Grace or me."

"Are you relatives of Mr Branning?" The second officer asked.

"I'm his daughter, Grace Branning, and Roxy's his girlfriend sort of thing. They're not officially together yet but they might as well be." She babbled on, she was deliberately looking for things to talk about, to try and take her mind off of Jack.

"We'll update you as soon as we know anything." The officers confirmed to Grace. She nodded in thanks and went in to see her Father.

Jack was half-awake when the four of them went back in to see him. Linda had gone back to Ollie, she couldn't leave him for too long. As they sat down beside his bedside, Amy crawled up to give her Daddy a cuddle. Lee sat down with Grace on top of him, and Roxy in the chair opposite. "Ok, Amy, come and sit on Mummy now, you don't want to hurt Daddy." Roxy warned her. Amy huffed and clambered back down.

"Thought we'd lost you, then." Grace sniffed, letting out a weak chuckled. Jack tried to take off his oxygen mask. "Don't. You need it." Grace stopped him.

"Jack, I love you. I know you're the one." Roxy beamed at him. "Don't let go, now. You've too much to lose. Me, Gracie, Amy, our baby. I'm pregnant, Jack. The girls are gonna have a little brother or sister!" Roxy revealed. Jack's face lit up, he was shocked, but delighted. It made him more determined than ever to get better.

"I want a brother. Got a sister, need a brother." Amy demanded. Grace chuckled at her little sister.

"This day is becoming happier and bette than I thought." Grace shook her head. "Babe, you should go and see Ollie. I'll be cool here for a bit." She told him.

Lee contemplated his fiancée's offer. "Are you sure? I'll stay with you if you need me."

"I'm fine. Rox is here, and Amy and my little brother. Dad's ok, and he's gonna be ok because I know he won't want to miss Amy or the baby growing up. I'll see you at home later." Grace reassured him, standing up so Lee could leave.

Lee leaned in for a kiss, kissing Grace roughly. "I love you."

"Love you too, now go on. Your baby brother needs you." She smiled at him. Lee made his way out of the ward. Jack watched him go, taking off his oxygen mask.

Jack smiled at his eldest daughter. "He's a good lad. I'm proud of your choice in partner. He'll look after you. Like I will for you, Rox, I love you and our daughter and our son. I'm overjoyed and shocked at the same time, but I cannot wait to meet him and love him. My son."

"It might not be a boy, you know." Roxy laughed, reminding him of the facts.

"Whatever," Jack shrugged it off, "we're due a boy, I've got two girls already. A son will complete us. But I'll love a girl just as much, don't worry." He reassured Roxy.

"I want a daughter anyway." Roxy attempted to sass him. "Two girls just isn't enough, obviously." She smirked.

"More shopping to be done." Grace winked at Roxy, chuckling. "More girly time, girly treats. Girls are all round better than boys, you know?" She pointed out. "Who wouldn't want more girls than boys? Linda loves me because I can be her girly daughter, unlike Nancy who's some sort of weirdo tomboy."

"She's right. Girl power!" Amy giggled.

"Who could want anything more from a family, eh?"