"You still have three weeks," I told him.

"If you know my family, you'd know that's not enough."

.

.

Cole and I spent the day together and I didn't even look at my phone to check if Gavin had called. Well, not until we were getting lunch and Cole decided to get us food while I waited and rest.  I was a little disappointed and really pissed that Gavin hadn't called. Or even texted. I didn't miss him, per se, but I just didn't like the fact that he hadn't contacted me yet. We'd usually talk nightly and he would call in the morning to ask what my plans were when he wasn't going drop me off school.

"Why so gloomy?" Cole asked as soon as he took a seat in front of me, placing two plates of Thai food on the plate. He must have noticed the fact that I was checking my phone too often because he asked: "Whose call are you waiting for?"

I shook my head and placed the phone away. "Gavin," I answered with a sigh. "He said he'd call but he hasn't yet and—it's nothing."

Cole raised a brow; obviously not believing my words. "What did Maddy say? He's not going to leave you for Sophie, if it's bothering you."

My eyes widened and I looked up to meet his eyes, slightly scared. How did he figure that out from noticing me staring at my phone? Did Cole know something was up? If he's able to piece out what I was thinking of with very little effort, then—

No. He couldn't know. Cole didn't show any particular signs that he was aware of my plans much less was he trying to prevent any of them. Lily mentioned that he has fantastic perspective on things but I doubted that he suspected anything if he expected Ellie and Tristan to break up. If anything, my plans are flawless and couldn't be traced to me.  

"You really think so?" I wondered, biting my lip, feigning uncertainty. It was best to act stupid around him.

Cole gulped, looking a tad distracted, his eyes at me but he didn't seem like he was looking at me. "Yeah," he answered with a shrug, blinking repeatedly before looking away. "He's a one-girl type of guy. He won't bother with you if he didn't like you."

Yeah, he liked the sex with me, probably. There was barely anything emotionally tying between us, but I didn't tell him that.

"Thank you."

Cole just nodded. "After this, were dropping by the florist. I have someone I want you to meet."

"Is it the girl?" I asked, faking excitement. If he decides to drive me to Lily's grave, I might get sick.

Cole just smiled and started eating his food, not answering the question. 

With a sigh, I ate as well, all while trying to dissect his personality. I already had Ellie and Tristan down, and I was in the process of breaking David and Maddy. With Cole, I wasn't sure if I was doing things right. His friends and their wellbeing is what were important to him—without them, their loyalty, he was nothing. Or so that's what I thought.  With what I recently learned about him and Gavin from Maddy, I wasn't so sure anymore.

He was supposed to slowly break while I ruin his friends but it wasn't working as great as I hoped. I needed to find another approach to him.

"I never pictured you much of an avid shopper," i said after taking a long drink of my drink. This dish he ordered was extremely spicy but it tasted fantastic. Way better than Maddy's tea coffee.

He smiled. "I get mauled if I don't get the right presents," he answered with a shrug.

"You bought Maddy a Super Soaker," I reminded him, raising a brow. She wasn't someone who would run around playing with water. It wasn't like her. If anything, I would have thought that he'd buy her something brand named and expensive and imported—not a toy.