sighing, yoongi continues his tortoise-like pace through the track. speed meant nothing to him. his classmates grow closer and closer and evantually lap him, leaving yoongi flailing through a sea of fast runners.

a flash of sprinting students passing yoongi reveal hoseok and jimin, who are jogging briskly and about to lap yoongi.

"hoseokie!" yoongi dramatically groans in pain. "i-i'm dying!"

hoseok is so focused on his conversation with jimin that he doesn't even hear yoongi. he only gives him a small smile as he passes by.

ouch... yoongi thinks bitterly. the jealousy was seeping in again now, poisoning his mind with the apparent frustration of jimin and the boy's newly formed friendship with hoseok. how come it seems like the few hours jimin and hoseok had spent together discounted the endless years yoongi and hoseok had been friends?

yoongi slows down even more, practically dragging his feet across the track like a zombie. he feels so angry inside, watching jimin and hoseok have fun without him.

all of a sudden seokjin tiredly jogs up behind yoongi, breathing so heavily it was concerning.

"i'm.. dying!" seokjin moans in pain, clutching his heart.

yoongi scoffs, "shut the fuck up."

lunch break. yoongi certainly hopes that jimin doesn't sit with them at their lunch table. how yoongi longs to break jimin's legs and throw him into the ocean. low and behold the new kid decides to be even more frustrating and sit with them.

yoongi stabs his food with his utensil, atrociously glowering at jimin with his head lowered. his eyes dart to hoseok, and his resentful face immeditately melts into one of potent longing and bitter desperation. his lips purse and his eyes linger on hoseok, his desiring gaze tracing against hoseok's celestial features.

"hoseok," says yoongi.

hoseok, still speaking with jimin, simply waves his hand in response, not even bothering to make eye contact with yoongi.

yoongi face falls, lips forming a tight line.

"do you..." begins yoongi.

no reaction.

he tries again.

"do you maybe want to..."

still no reaction.

yoongi is pissed off now, throwing his hands up in utter defeat. it was almost like he was invisible to hoseok. yoongi slumps back in his seat, folding his arms and letting out a long, exaggerated sigh of bitter annoyance.

the rest of lunch consists of yoongi being completely neglected by the rest of his friends. hoseok and jimin repeatedly talk to one another about dancing amoung other things while namjoon and jin relentlessly flirt like always. yoongi literally wants to murder everyone.

as lunch comes to a close, jimin informs them that he has to go to the office to finish up some more transfer papers.

"oh! bye jiminie!" hoseok sings, stopping to envelop jimin in a giant hug.

the rest bid jimin farewell as the boy departs from the group and to the office.

hoseok lets out an elated sigh, before turning to yoongi with a giant smile.