"Hahahahaha! Did you see his face!!" Jessica yelled while laughing.

"O-h-My-Go-sh." Harry was rolling around in the sand holding his stomach laughing.

"And the sound he made." I, too was rolling in the sand laughing. Liam was more held together. He laughed but stayed on his feet.

"Shut up." Niall muttered, a hint of red flashed across his cheeks, but before I could double check, it was gone already.

 I sightly paused and looked up at the sky. Grey clouds were rolling in. A thunderstorm was coming.

"Guys why don't we pack up and head over to the restaurant, since we already know which team is going to win." I teased trying to sound confident. 

I hated thunderstorm, ever since I was little never, liked them. 

"Yea I agree with Opal, we should started heading to the restaurant." Louis said, as he started brushing of the sand. We all heading to wear our bags were. I quickly slipped on a jumper and some sandals.

***

"What do you want to eat?" Zayn asked sitting down next to me. I quickly scanned through the menu, and smiled when my eyes landed on my favourite dish.

"Can I get the Chili-Rubbed Salmon?" 

"Yep, what drink you want with that?"

"Water is fine."

When everyone's food arrived we all dug in. The salmon melted in my mouth making me moan a little.

"Enjoying it that much huh?" Harry teased making everyone laugh. I kicked his leg underneath the table making his yelp in pain. Smirking in satisfaction. 

"That hurts! How dare you kick the birthday boy?" Harry exclaimed throwing some bread at me. I picked up a piece of broccoli from my plate ad was just about to throw it at him when Zayn took it of me.

"How about we not do that huh?" I glared at Harry who shot me his dazzling smile. After we all finished our meals and had dessert, the losing team pay and we all got back into the van. Liam was driving with Louis in the passenger seat. Niall, Jessica and Eleanor were in the Middle and Harry Zayn and I in the back. When everyone was in the car, it happened. It started pouring in rain, it wasn't very hard, but then came the lighting and thunder.

"Are you alright?" Zayn asked as he did his seat belt. I nodded, but my gaze did meet his. Looking outside, I saw another lighting flash through the sky, and thunder following straight after. Liam started driving, it took 10 minutes before everyone was sleep except Liam and I.

I pulled my leg up and hugged it, praying that this stupid storm would go away. 

Mummy, mummy look. The little girl pointed out the window. "It's raining!" She yelled in a sing-song voice.

"Alright dear, sit still please. It's raining and Mummy can't see that well." The woman told her excited little child, who continued to jump in her seat.

"Mummy why is there light in the sky?" The girl asked standing up in her seat.

"It's called lightning it happens when there is a thunderstorm. Now please sit down in your seat." The little girl didn't listen instead she covered my Mummy's eyes. In that split second, the woman lose control of the car. It went spinning of the road and into a tree. The little girl remembers her Mummy lying there, cold and lifeless. She remembers that lone tear that rolled down her face.

"Opal? Opal?" I felt someone shake me, looking up I meet Zayn's concern eyes.

"You're crying." His hand reached up and wiped away my tears. I jumped sightly when the sound of thunder came again.

"Are you scared of thunderstorms?" I didn't say anything and looked away. He unbuckled my seat beat and pulled me onto his lap. His arms snaked around me and pulled me to his chest. Warmth filled me instantly and I found myself starting to relax. 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it's stupid." I muttered.

"No, it isn't everyone is scared of something, it's only natural." He muttered into my hair. "But why were you crying?" He asked softly.

"It's nothing it just brought back bad memories, that's all." I could tell that he wanted to ask more, but he didn't which I was grateful for.

"Go to sleep, we have a long drive home." 

"Thank you Zayn."

"Anytime Opal." And with that my eyelids close and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

*Guys how are you liking it? Comment vote and please share if you're enjoying it*