Chapter 1

*LIAM'S POV*

I was on my way to the Westminster Bank, to get some cash for tonight.

The boys and I were going to a club, and I always like to keep cash on me.

My phone vibrates in my pocket.

Louis:

OI are we still on for tonight? The Funky Buddah is supposed to have a smashin' DJ. I'm buzzin!

Of course, they always have a great DJ. I wonder who's playing tonight?

I text him back saying that I'll meet him there at around 7 and I open the doors to the bank.

It's around 5:00 now, so it's pretty busy in here considering that it's almost closing time.

I walk up to the only open desk, and flashed a smile at the young woman, seeming to be in her early 20's.

Her name tag said, Alice. She had wavy, brown hair that fell past her shoulders and striking blue eyes.

"Hello, love." I say.

She looks up and grins, I have a feeling she knows who I am, but thankfully she's keeping it on the down-low. Not screaming and fangirling, fainting or crying, etc. Which is a miracle in itself, I didn't want to be mobbed today.

"Hi, how can I help you, Mr. Payne?" She asks, still holding that gorgeous, grin upon her face.

I open my mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by a booming voice.

"EVERYBODY FREEZE AND GET DOWN ON THE GROUND NOW, OR I SHOOT!" the man dressed in all black, holding a rifle, shouts.

What the hell? The whole room turns into chaos, screams and cries as people are terrified. I mean, who wouldn't be?

I meet the eyes of Alice and tell her, "Get down" in a soft tone so she would get the message and hopefully obey.

She weakly nods, hiding behind the counter.

Believe me, I don't really know what's going on in my mind, at this point in time, but I carefully whisper to the stray people that were still standing, to "stay down" and I head towards the robber.

I know what you're thinking, and I know what the boys would be thinking right now if they could see me. "YOU BLOODY IDIOT, QUIT TRYING TO PLAY HERO AND GET DOWN!"

But, I couldn't.. not when so many lives are at risk. I can't just sit on the sidelines and watch people get hurt. I might as well, attempt to prevent innocent people from getting hurt.

"Um, sir. Could you please put the gun down and reconsider? I mean, your putting all of these people's lives at stake. For what reason?" I ask him, trying to calm him down.

He looks bewildered and then laughs in my face.

"Well, look who we have here. Liam Payne, from One Direction, the global super-star." He rolls his, eyes and grins, flashing his yellow teeth. Yikes, ever heard of a toothbrush?

"To answer your question, no. No I will not put the gun down, until I get what I want." he tells me, walking closer and nudging my shoulder with the gun. "I'd advise you to sit down, but I know you won't listen."

He pulls the trigger back and I cringe, holding my hands up, waiting for the pain.

"STOP!" I hear and open back up my eyes to see, Alice run in front of me shouting.

"JUST STOP!" She yells again, for good measure.

Why would she try to save me? She doesn't even know me?

Well, if she's a fan she may know me, but we've never met before.

So it just blows my mind, that she would put herself in front of the gun, that was originally aimed at me.

"Awww we have someone else trying to be a hero, do we?" the robber coos. "Is this your girly-friend Liam? Or is she just another one of those frantic fangirls trying to save their angelic idol?"

I look at him in disgust. "Leave her alone." I say putting my hand on her arm. "Alice, step away, I got this." I tell her, but she won't make eye contact with me. Figures.

The next thing I hear are sirens wailing in the distance, not to far away.

The robber looks angered waving his gun around. "WHO CALLED THE POLICE?" He shouts, shooting his gun through 4 windows.

"Alright then, lets move out!" He yells, grabbing onto me and Alice.

"I'm taking you and mister popstar with me. If either one of you screams out for help, of any sort. You will be killed on spot; immediately. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?" he threatens.

We both nod, as he pushes us out the door, not waiting for an answer.

Three other men pop out of nowhere, grabbing ahold of us and shoving us both into a dark-tinted, all black vehicle.

I mentally curse, What have we gotten ourselves into?

_______________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________

VOMMENT PEOPLE

ILY ALL c:

-Kaity