Chapter 1 - A Fateful Encounter

I tug at my bag - which subsequently falls from my bed to the floor. A sigh.
...And with another effortless tug, the strap is sitting on my shoulder.

I step outside my bedroom door, to be greeted by the wall clock, watching me, with an unimpressed look. It casually stares into my soul, and its eyes tell me, err- well, its hands tell me;

"You're late, idiot."

Goddammit.
I grab the (slightly burnt) toast directly out of the toaster, burning my index and thumb in the process, but how and ever. In all the rushing around to not be late on my first day, I had almost forgotten to grab the book of tips and notes my mother had written for me. Inside it told me in detail about how to act regularly. That is, how to feint emotion, in every situation possible.
I had mostly memorized her teachings, but I was instructed to take it everywhere, and told that; "I would know when I no longer needed it." Well... it did help, I guess.

I'd forgotten to put it in my bag beforehand, so I shoved the toast in my mouth and grabbed the book, barely managing to open the front door with my two free fingers.
Luckily, I didn't have to worry about locking the door. My mother installed an auto lock a long time ago.
I can't say I'm sure what she meant by, "You'll meet someone eventually, that won't have to say a word to you, to explain why that system is in place. You'll thank me then." Father looked slightly uncomfortable when she said so.
Well, whatever. It's handy, so I suppose I can live with not knowing why it's there.

...Those were the pointless thoughts plaguing my mind as I sprinted to Akademi High - my new school. I'd just transferred there this semester. A place of wonderful learning with good funding and-

-Yeaaah. What a load of bull.

Nothing happens there. Well, aside from bullying, that is. Everything will just be the same as last year. I have to act 'normal', because if you don't act like the rest of those emotional fools, you're bullied. Not that it mattered too much to me, but- Father got worried.
I'd been practicing all summer. Different isn't good. My father lied, probably just to make me feel better. ...Actually, it was probably to make him feel better. His opinion wasn't too different to the average person's, I guess. Even he found me weird.

...He'd never admit it though. Again, maybe to make me feel better, or to make him.
I could deal with the bullying, even if it was sort of annoying. And when he cried for me, I really felt no remorse. He cried, almost... in place of me.
Because... this was my reality. I wasn't an abnormality in my reality.
Because... I couldn't feel emotion, so I had no need for tears.
Still, it felt wrong to see him so upset. Though he knew I was an oddity, he loved me, too, because I was his daughter. My mother was understanding of who I was, but she cried when he did. And, she'd always do her best to make him feel better. I wanted to be like her.
Still, when they cried, it felt wrong... so I acted normal.

Plus, what would happen if the "one" my mother always spoke of didn't like me because I was devoid of human emotion?

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

...That isn't what I'm actually thinking of course. I don't care.
I fill my head with normalcy. Random things I don't care about. That's step 1, in the book.
"To feel human, start thinking like a human would." I don't care if I never feel 'human emotion.'
I don't care about the auto lock on my door, or why it's there. I don't care if I get bullied, and I certainly don't care about how anyone, including or excluding my Father feels. Regardless, I should still act normal, since it's a bother not to. I'll continue to act like this, until something changes. Of course, what 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 possibly sto-

 < BANG >

  "Oww..." She held her head, eyes naturally closing. The practice was paying off.
Sensing the presence of someone else, (signifying that she had, in fact, not just crashed into a pole, or something) she let a pained cry out, in reply to the fall. 'It seemed I'd scraped my knees on the way down, so it would only be natural.' A male voice interrupted her counterfeit pity party.

  "I'm so sorry. Here, let me help you up."

A boy, leaned forward sheepishly, held out his hand. She raised her head, locking eyes with him. 
Suddenly, everything changed. The monochrome colour of the world shifted and warped until the sky was a beautiful blue, and the green shrubbery dotted around the miniature gardens were a vivid shade. Even the grey path was... less grey? Less dull? ...Or, more exciting to look at. She hadn't even needed to note what he was wearing, how he looked or what she thought of his personality. She knew what this was.

This now lovesick girl, Ayano Aishi, took his hand immediately. She felt something. Uhhh... ummm... this was- in the book- the definition of... love... right? No, she didn't need to remember the book. Nor did she need to remember her mother's preaching on about how it was the greatest thing in the world, the best thing she'd ever felt... Though she could now agree.
She felt something, deep in her heart. Deep in her soul. A fullness. And without forcing it! Losing her composure, exactly like a high school girl in love would; she unconsciously mumbled,

  "Could this be the "one"?"

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~   

(931 Words) without the Authors note. (If you're wondering!)

Hello! I go by Ria, and I am the Author of this story.
I started this story in 2017, (it says September, but that was probably when I went back to correct some small things.) This is me going through the entire series and updating my writing!
This style is quite different from what it was before, and the glow up with the writing quality is immense, even if I haven't been actively writing. Thank you for bearing with me being horrible at updating, and even forgetting the story existed for months on end.

I will be honest and say I'm not as into Yandere Simulator as much as I was before, for multiple reasons, and I'm not fond of the new updates or about things I've discovered, but I can still say I love the idea of the characters, and I like the idea I had for this story. So no promises about being back, but I will at least hopefully update the current chapters.

Thank you for reading!

~MissRia

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~