Early dismissal

"Hey Joey," I said tugging on his shirt while he was at his locker. "It's Thursday, tomorrow is our last day of high school!" I jumped up and down clapping.

"I know." he gave me a half smile.

"You're not excited?" I have him a pout. Joey rolled his eyes.

"How could I be happy? Especially you of all people should understand." he mumbled.

"Well, I'm sorry I try to look at the good things in life. You're such a Debbie downer way to bring down a person's mood." I started walking but Joey grabbed my arm.

"I'm sorry. I've just been wondering where my real brother went." he said.

"Did Damon or Rebecka ever tell you that when you turn your personality is heightened? Maybe he was already like that all along, just know he's worse. He did kill a guy even when you thought he was 'real'." I patted Joey's arm and walked away.

That should've given him something to think about. I'm going through more than Joey but I can still squeeze out a laugh now and then. Unless he's not telling me things. I sat next to Nadra. We exchanged smiles as I sat. Things were still a little awkward between us, but better.

"Graduation tomorrow." Nadra clapped.

"Oh my god, I know I'm so excited." I clapped with her.

"Can you believe it, we are going to be college students soon, with the hot college guys. Not that you need any since you know." she winked. I know, I have Damon which is so much better than any college guy could be.

"Ha, yeah I know." I opened my text book. "So, were you invited to Ian's graduation party?" I asked trying to sound cool about it.

"Just about everyone was, well every senior." Nadra smiled. "Hmm, are you going?"

"Nah, I think I'll just skip it. It's for the best..." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Aw, well, it's totally going to suck without you there." she frowned. To me it looked like she was acting like she'll miss me.

"It's cool, I'll probably just go somewhere with my friends," I cleared my throat. "maybe the club." Ok I admit it I'm trying to "act cool" in front of Nadra, I don't want to seem like a baby because I don't want to go to my exes party.

"A club? Katherine goes to clubs? I would've never expected such a thing." Nadra said.

"Yeah," I said turning to the front of the class. The teachers phone rang.

"Hello?" the teacher said. "Ok, I'll send her down." The teacher hung up. "Katherine Gilbert, you have a really early dismissal."

I looked at Nadra who was also looking at me questionably. I had no plans of a early dismissal. I grabbed my things and walked out of the classroom headed for the main doors. It might be Damon, or Rebecka. When I got to the front doors my heart sunk to my stomach and my jaw to the ground. I hesitated at the door not knowing whether I should go or not. I went anyway.

"Long time no see, dad." I made no eye contact with him. He looked better and more fit than he used to, but some parts of his clothes were stained in blood. "What do you want?"

"Where is Matt?" he asked.

"Unfortunately I don't know," I had to lie. "do you happen to know where my real dad is?"

"He's right here, still the same man I used to be. Do you understand," he wrapped his arm around my neck and we started walking to his car. "how amazing it is to hunt vampires and have the same powers they have? I've killed more than I was ever able to in a lifetime." He opened the passenger door for me.

"Dad, does it look like I care how many freaking vampires you've killed?" I yelled.

"Well, no." he started driving. "I want you to hunt with me. Father and daughter travel the world fighting off vampires." he looked serious.

"I can't do that." I said.

"Why not?" he asked.

Because my boyfriend is a vampire. "Because I'm going to college, and honestly killing people isn't my criteria."

"Forget about college, you're going to be a vampire you can go to college a million times." he said.

"Are you kidding me? I want to live a normal life dad. You don't understand." I wanted to start crying.

"Fine then at least tell me where the hell Matt is. I've been looking for him all over the place." he said.

"I don't know! If I knew I'd tell you, I hate that guys guts." I lied again. But now it all makes sense to me Matt also lied, he's not hiding from werewolves, he's half of one. He's hiding from my dad.