Why me.

Matt walked us down to the basement. I seem to be in this room the most. I like it when I'm not being held hostage in it. I've gotten over the smell of the sweat, and how dungeony it looks. But I've grown in this room, not only physically but mentally. I stared at Matt as we were walking to the basement. It's a shame he's so evil, he's kinda cute. He has sandy blonde hair and green eyes. He also has a very built figure. Him and Joey actually kinda look a like, Joey is just a smaller younger version.

"I think I'll turn this into my bedroom, it's cozy." Matt says as he sits himself in a chair.

"Are you trying to ruin my life." I shouldn't have asked that, I already knew the answer.

"Yes." he snickered. "So Joey, did you come here to do what you told me you were going to do?"

Joey looked at me and back at Matt. He shook his head. "What's he talking about Joey." my voice shook, I started getting nervous. Matt started laughing. Every time he laughed, it was evil, like he only laughed out of other people's pain.

"When Joey left, he had some unfinished business with you."  Matt winked his right eye.

"What kind of business?" I said through my closed teeth.

"That's for him to tell you." Matt brought his hands together. I turned to Joey. His jaw clenched shut, and his hand balled into a fist.

I didn't know what to say or do. I have to wait for him to speak up first. I'm sick of being the one to have to force everything out of everyone.

"That ship has sailed, Matt and you know it. Stop stalling and say what you really wanted to say." Joey finally spoke. That just made Matt laugh even more.

"But you wish it didn't sail you-"

"You weren't supposed to know what I was coming back for. You weren't even supposed to be here." Joey cut him off. I still didn't know what to say. I'm probably better off saying nothing at all.

"Well I did. What's the worst that could happen? Just tell her." Matt stopped smiling now. Joey turned red. He hesitated. I felt bad.

"Ok, maybe I don't want to know." I said. Joey closed his eyes.  What could've been that bad? Matt looked bored. He didn't say anything he just looked at his watch. I must not be the only one waiting for Damon and Rebecka. I decided to sit down, my legs were getting tired of standing.

I dozed off and woke up to a hand on my shoulder. Thank god it was just Joey's. He put his finger over my lips and then pointed to Matt. He was laying on the floor next to Damon with a dagger in his stomach. I stood up and ran over to Damon.

"What happened?" I asked. How could I have missed all of this. Damon looked up at Rebecka who had just pulled a dagger from her stomach.

"A lot." Damon lifted Matt with one hand and threw him into a chair. Rebecka threw the dagger onto the ground and wrapped a rope she picked up from the ground around him.

"Could you at least take the Damn dagger out of me!?" Matt yelled. Every time he yells I jump. It's so loud, and scary.

"Nope. We want you weak, so we want the blood to keep coming." Damon slapped his shoulder, hard. Rebecka tightened the rope around his wrists.

"I'm going to go find my dad. Joey. Can you come with me?" I asked. "I don't know what he's capable of."

My hands shook as I walked up the stairs. I'm afraid to see my own dad. Joey grabbed my hands. "I'm sorry." my throat was tight. "It's ok, you have a lot going on." he released my hands.

We got up stairs I stopped in front of my mom's room. "Please be in here, please be ok." I whispered. I opened the door. "They're sleeping." I said. I sighed full of relief. My mom and I haven't talked since she got back. She has a lot of explaining to do. Tomorrow is Saturday so we will have time to talk. Next Friday is graduation. My parents are sleeping in the same bed together? At least some things are coming together.