Chapter 24- Testosterone Boys and Harlequin Girls

Start from the beginning

                “No, not like that, it’s more of Matt Donovan to me, you know hot and adorable,” I smile. Beneath the cocky macho exterior, Derek really isn’t a bad guy, mysterious yes, but not bad.

                “Will we ever meet him?” she sighs dreamily. I raise an eyebrow at her. “What,” she gives me an innocent look.

                “What about Adrian?”

                “What about him, he’s been annoying lately,” she scowls at what I’m sure must be a funny memory about the cold hearted bad boy.

                “Sweet little Adrian annoying, never,” I remark sarcastically.

                “Hey, he’s not that bad. He’s actually sweet in a very weird and aggressive way,” she smiles longingly. “You know he’s the one that taught me how to fight?” she asks with a different gleam in her eyes.

                “You fight?” I pipe in curiously. She doesn’t really seem like the fighter type but I have noticed how the guys never joke about her being helpless or something.

                “Yeah, my dad had us training since we were young just in case anything happened. He thought we needed to be able to protect ourselves no matter what our gender was,” she smiles. In her eyes I can see how close she was to her dad. She must miss him, something I can definitely relate with. While I loved my mom, Kohl was always closer to her and I took after my dad.

                “How did Adrian come into the picture?” I make myself comfortable, eager to hear the story.

                “I wouldn’t tell you his story if it was somebody else, but I know Adrian has taken a liking to you, which doesn’t happen often. You know how he always seems to know everything about your life?” she waits for my nod before continuing. “Well, his parents used to be like really big time hackers who worked in a freelance type of way to whoever paid the most. Adrian hadn’t been in their plans but they adjusted with a kid. They taught him everything they knew when he showed interest in computers and stuff. He was like their legacy, until they got offered a very exclusive job. He thinks it was for the government or someone very shady because they were extremely secretive.

                “Apparently, a kid would bring them down on their efficiency and they took him to the local state facility promising him that they would come back for him. I think that hurt him a lot, it was betrayal from his parents, you know? He escaped from the foster home he’d been placed in, and started living on the streets until he ran into my dad and mouthed off to him. My dad took a liking to him and brought him home, which took a lot of convincing on Adrian’s part. He didn’t talk much to us in the beginning, more like found every chance to insult us. Drew and he went at it a couple of times until some kids from school were going to jump Drew. Adrian helped him kick their asses. Ever since they were close friends and Adrian immediately became the last member of their trio.

                “It was different with me, Adrian hated me. He was the meanest guy I’ve ever encountered, until he started doing my one-on-one training. He thought I was going to be an easy win, but I always sneaked in when the guys in my dad’s crew would train in our gym. They started teaching me a couple of techniques when they caught me. I managed to pin him down in less than two minutes; it pissed him off even more. I don’t know, along the way we just clicked. He was Drew’s age, which isn’t much older than me, just ten months. We made it official sophomore year when we were fifteen, Drew found out Junior year. It didn’t go so well until I gave him a black eye,” ha, I would’ve paid to see that. Drew got beat up by his little sister.