The Sands of Time Rule

But without even a blink of hesitation, Kristy disappears and reappears in front of me, with her hand extended right next to my neck.

She stares at me, looking as serious as ever.  Her speed is beyond incredible- I couldn't feel, or sense even an inch of movement.  It's as if she was standing here the entire time.

"You lose" she calmly exclaims.

"How... did you?"

"A combination of both space and time.  You can normally sense and feel a teleportation from space... but what if you speed up that teleportation to the highest degree?"

I pause for a moment in silence.  "Wait... how am I supposed to beat that then!?  There's no way I can avoid that!"

"The sands of time rule still stands for you.  Use it."

I sigh, but nod at her.  "Let's retry that."

We get back into our previous positions, and I spiral a small, unnoticeable amount of sand around me.

But the result ends up the same.  In the blink of an eye, she just blurts out "You lose" as she ends up right in front of me with her hand pressing against my neck.

"Redo!" I shout angrily.

This time around I use a lot more sand to spiral around me.  More so, like a shield.  She can't get past me this way.

But once again, in the blink of an eye, her hand somehow ends up through my sand, pressing against my neck.  "You lose."

"How in the crap!?"

She takes a few steps back, then questions, "Do I have to explain what the sands of time rule means to you?"

"I already know!"

"Then it should be easy to see past my teleportations."

"You should step into my shoes to see just how fast you are!"

She sighs, and exclaims "Allow me to explain what the 'Sands of Time rule' is to you again.  Naturally, time can usually be told, through sand itself.  I'm sure you know of hour glasses, and whatnot.  Essentially, if you look at it this way, sand controls time when it comes to an hour glass.  Now think of my beta versus yours.  The beta I use in combination to my time element reacts to the beta you use when using your sand element.  In other words, if it is in your will, you can completely nullify time if you so wish to."

"I get that, I know that already!  But you are using space as well!"

"Do you not remember?  Your flames can disrupt space itself.  So think about it... you can already combine both your sand and your flames.  What does that make?"

My eyes widen.  "My glass element?"

"Bingo.  And that's not all.  If your glass can nullify both time and space, what do you think would happen... if you created an hour glass?"

I think to myself quietly for a moment.  "I have no freaking clue."

She lets out a loud noticeable sigh.  "If you shape your glass like a perfect hour glass, and have the perfect amount of sand flow through it, you yourself can control time and space!  And not only can that be useful for your training, it could help you in battle as well!"

"Okay I get it... but how does making an hour glass allow such a thing?"

"Combining both the element that disrupts space, and the element that disrupts time... and then creating the perfect figure that usually tells time.  You can say it is almost like casting a spell, that creates a space distortion around the hour glass.  And then adding the perfect amount of sand, is like casting a spell that creates a time distortion around that space distortion."