predictable fakedating

"Just hold my hand as we walk through the crowd, okay?" Seven said as the paparazzi cluttered the entrance to a interview they'd be attending.

There were cameras everywhere, snapping pictures of the redhead and the albino holding hands.

It was in tabloids everywhere; the two megastars were together. Seven, the internet personality who made it big, and Zen, the famous actor. They were a power couple. Lovers idolized them, wanting their relationship to be picture perfect, just like them. Many fans of the two collected their pictures together and collaged them onto a canvas; usually, at least one fan would give Zen a collage after his live performances. There were more than enough opportunities to collect these photos, as the relationship was well documented by the press.

The two always seemed to be out and about, shopping, having lunch together, or holding hands. Most notably, Saeyoung would occasionally come on stage after Zen's performances, hand him a red bouquet, and give him a cute peck on the cheek.

Magazines ate it up, writing article after article about how they were such a power couple, and tips to take from their relationship.

Unfortunately for the press, as well as enthusiastic fans, their entire relationship was staged.

The two entered the building, doors closing on the paparazzi. They retracted their hands, Saeyoung wiping his hands on his pants.

"You have really clammy hands." Saeyoung said, flicking Zen.

It's not that they were entirely fake, they were longtime best friends, Saeyoung even helped in the process of Zen's stardom.

Zen chuckled. "I'm sorry, even after all this time, the crowds still make me nervous." He smiled, poking Saeyoung in the cheek, "Are you ready for your close up, Seven Choi?"

"I haven't used that username in years," Saeyoung said, mocking annoyance. He poked Zen back in the cheek, until it became a full on poking fight.

"Stop poking me! I might get dimples!" Zen said, laughing, until he accidentally poked Saeyoung in the eye. "Whoops."
"Are you okay?" He asked.

Saeyoung covered his eye dramatically, blinking the pain away. "I just...don't know if we can even be friends after you betrayed me like that." Saeyoung said, in an incredibly hammy sad tone. "I think I might have to get revenge.." He said, pulling Zen's rattail and laughing as Zen screamed in response.

Zen rubbed the back of his head. "This is our first interview of our, you know," He quoted with his hands, "'relationship.'"

"What if it goes badly?" Zen said, concerned.

Saeyoung thinned his lips into a line. "Well, if we could fake it for five months, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine for an interview." He shrugged, "If all else fails, just kiss me and they won't ask any more questions."

Zen sighed, "You're right, I'm just getting anxious over nothing." He chuckled, punching Saeyoung in the arm, "Don't be gross." He stuck out his tongue and pointed to it for dramatic effect. "Do you ever feel weird about it?"

"The relationship? Not really, I mean, it brings cash to me, a lowly slave of money," Saeyoung said, trying to put a light hearted twist on it.

Zen grinned sheepishly, "I meant like...when we do stuff for the public, I guess. Do you feel weird kissing me because I'm your best friend? Or do you just have money in mind the entire time?"

Saeyoung laughed nervously, "Well...I guess it's kind of weird. I mean cash is king am I right?" He laughed. "I think you're a good kisser if that matters."

He mentally reprimanded himself for making things weird. Zen nodded, and they just stood there awkwardly.

Zen was mildly stressed out, wondering if Saeyoung enjoyed their public romance, despite it being solely a business agreement. He felt that calling your best friend a good kisser in any context was kind of weird, but it was especially weird in this situation.

Maybe he liked it too? Maybe they were really in love and just didn't know? No, he knew that for sure, that this was all for the money.

Saeyoung felt his face heat up just because he was so embarrassing all the time. Maybe there was a way to make a joke about it?

"Haha...at least you're good at it." Saeyoung forced a laugh. That was definitely not funny or the right thing to say.

He watched as Zen stared him down, perhaps in deep thought. It kind of intimidated Saeyoung, like that Zen was mad at him for saying that, or at least somewhat disturbed.

"Do you.." Zen shook his head. "This is a stupid question but, do you have feelings for me?" He asked.

Saeyoung shifted his eyes nervously, "Um. I don't think so?" He looked up at Zen, "Why? Do you..?" Saeyoung asked curiously. "It's okay if you do, I won't be grossed out or anything,"

"No. You know what, never mind." Zen waved his hand.

"Alrighty then," Saeyoung said, resuming in staring at each other awkwardly. In all honesty, Saeyoung wouldn't mind actually dating Zen, but, to be honest, who wouldn't want to?

"Hey, uh. Well I think it's fun to play out our fake relationship in public, you know? It's like we're masterminds controlling others, and getting paid for it!" Saeyoung said, to break the silence.

Zen shrugged, "I think another part of it is that I at least get to see you on a regular basis. It's nice to be able to talk to you all the time, and really get to know you outside of the RFA."

"So, it's not about the money for you?" Saeyoung asked curiously.

"I guess not, it's sort of like a bonus." Zen replied.

Saeyoung chuckled, "Well, if that's the case, you're kinda into me, right?"

Zen looked at Saeyoung with panic in his eyes. He looked down, considering something.

"Look, I'm sorry," Saeyoung started, only to be interrupted by a hand on his jaw. "Can I try something real quick?" Zen asked, as he looked into Saeyoung eyes with concentrated thought.

"Um, sure, go ahead I guess." Saeyoung stammered, his face flushing.

Zen leaned forward, closing his eyes and planting his mouth onto Saeyoung's lips.

Even though Saeyoung was kind of expecting that, it still shocked him. Zen smelled vaguely of cologne, which was oddly comforting.

Zen's lips softly caressed Saeyoung's bottom lip, causing Saeyoung to vaguely taste mint. After freezing up for a few seconds, Saeyoung cracked his mouth open, intertwining their mouths.

Zen pulled away abruptly, as cameras clicked through the windows of the building. This would definitely be in a magazine by tomorrow night.

"That was different." Saeyoung said, wiping his mouth. "Than usually I mean, not like in a bad way."

Zen licked his lips, "I figured it out," He said, proudly, "I do like you, Seven Choi."