Why Fred?

George woke up with a gasp. Sweat beaded his forehead and tears streamed down his face. He couldn't get the horrible recurring nightmare out of his head. The same nightmare that had been haunting him for months, his twin brothers face as he had been hit with that curse, the same adrenaline of wanting to get back at the person who had killed him.

  But now, grief filled him. He missed his brother, his best friend. He couldn't get over the fact that he was gone. Why Fred? Why not someone else? He sat up as the tears poured out. A sob tore out of his chest as he put his head in his hands. That's all he could do was sob. He missed his twin. He missed him so much it hurt. He didn't hear the door open, but he heard his sister speak.

  "George?" She asked quietly. He didn't move, he didn't acknowledge that he even heard her. The door closed and the light flipped on, her feet padded on the floor as she walked to him. The bed dipped and he felt her hand rest on his back. "It's okay George."

  "No it's not." He croaked as another sob tore through his chest. "He's gone."

  "I know he's gone George." She said quietly, her hand rubbing his back, trying to comfort him. He loved his sister, but he didn't like the comfort. The pity. He wanted to be alone. "I miss him too."

  "Not like I do." He whispered, tears still streaming down his face.

  "He was my brother too." She said. He could tell she was crying also. He didn't have to look at her to know that. "But would Fred want you to sit around and miss him? He'd want you to run the joke shop and continue you're life!"

  "I can't." He replied, still not looking at her.

  "Yes you can!" She exclaimed. "You need to move on."

  "I- I do- don't wa-want to forget him." He stuttered quietly. For the past few months since his brother had died all he seemed to do was cry. He didn't pull any pranks. He didn't run the joke shop. He barely smiled. He felt so.. wrong without his twin. He felt lost and alone. He couldn't step foot into Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes without falling apart. He'd never cried so much in his life before.

  "You won't forget him George. But you can't sit here and tear your self apart missing him. It won't make him come back." She said. She was right, George thought. Crying and wishing his brother would come back won't actually make him come back.

  "Your right." He whispered.

  "Don't forget it." She joked. He chuckled and he felt the bed shift as she got up, her footsteps padding back across the room.

   "Ginny?" He said, looking up at his little sister. He got up from the bed and looked at her. She stood at the door, looking at him expectantly.

  "You're a pretty good sister." He said, making her laugh. He walked over and pulled her into a hug. I love you sis."

   "Love you too George." She said with a smiled as she walked out and closed the door behind her. He wiped a few stray tears as he lay back down. He wasn't afraid of going to sleep now, because he had a feeling the haunting nightmares were gone now.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I know I suck. I haven't updated in forever, and this chapters short. Like, super short, and I do apologize. But, It's the best I could come up with. I've been working around my writers block, which is sooooo horrible right now it's not even funny. But on a good note, I will try to make my next update longer! And like I said in the beginning there is no set time to update, it's super random. I've also been gone without Internet for three weeks because I went to visit my sister in Florida.  Anywho, look for another update soon!

~Sheldon