Above, thunder roars through the storm clouded sky, threatening to empty its rain and spill its lightning. We didn't plan for a storm. Hopefully, Sarah can get her hands on some water-resistant tents or blankets at the least. If not, at least we have Ren to make a fire.

"I know the stakes, Cerberus," I tell the boy. He looks stressed, like if something minor happened – like a bug landing on his nose – he would totally break and lose his sanity. It occurred before, two weeks after I first got here. Cerberus wanted to see what power the new girl AKA me had, and not knowing what it was before he tried it out made his body react in an otherworldly way.

By not knowing I used lightning, Cerberus's brain couldn't prepare his body for the frying of feeler nerves or the rush of extreme voltage and power. His multiple personality disorder amplified and he grew out of control. He sent electricity through all the metal in Asylum unintentionally while verbally blowing up at everyone in range. One moment, he would be an emotional terrorist, and the next he would be apologizing, and then he'd be laughing.

I have reason to believe Cerberus isn't Cerberus's real name. One, the name Cerberus is just so strange. Second, when the MPD kicks in, he has three types: exasperated, depressed, and crazy. Three types – one for each of the three heads of the mythological dog named Cerberus, who guards the underworld. He says his last name is Severo, and while that may be true, I often wonder if my theory is correct.

Currently, Cerberus is on the brink of exasperation. At least, it looks that way.

"I don't know..." he mumbles, shaking his head.

"If I didn't think I could do it, I wouldn't be suggesting this." Typically, I'm not a "team player." I prefer to be alone, but when the time calls for it, I can coax someone to my side.

Sighing, he looks to me. I see the moment he caves. His gray-green eyes soften and he bites his lower lip. Ever-so-slightly, his shoulders de-tense and he gives me a single nod. "Fine. We'll go with your plan. Find out when they're going to attack. Then, I'll open the walls. Don't let me down."

"Would I ever?" I rhetorically ask, trying to not laugh at the fact that I'm literally about to let him down.

Cerberus snorts and smiles. "You're right. You've always been a good friend."

An odd feeling swirls in my stomach that makes me want to vomit. Being a lone wolf, I'm not used to giving or receiving affection. I don't know what to do with it. Showing emotions are for the weak, and I am certainly not that. Heartfelt feelings sicken me – whether they're from myself or those around me. "Uhh...thanks? I'll get to the mission," I abrasively dismiss.

I make my way to the pool building, where I'm supposed to rendezvous with the trio of misfits. As to why Ren chose the pool location, I couldn't tell you. Maybe he knew that nobody would be at the pool in 60-something degree weather?

"You're a minute and twenty-two seconds late," Ren scolds. He's standing by the pool, looking at the chilly water with utter disgust. "But at least you're here." The Dragon comes around towards me and talks at the same time. "Leo came to give a quick report and went off to do more investigation. Sarah's been making packs for us and dropping them off here one-by-one."

"And you've done nothing at all," I joke. Oddly, I laugh. I don't normally do so, and the sound startles me. "Cerberus is going to open the walls when we attack."

Ren's golden eyes widen in shock and his eyebrows shoot up. "Impressive, Elektra. How'd you do it?"

I shrug one shoulder. "You leave that to me."

He nods, but his mind is elsewhere. Presumably, it's on the plan. His eyes have an unhinged focus on the pool doors, as if he's about to burn lasers through them. "I hate the cold," he says.

"I grew up in it," I respond, remembering my childhood. Remembering what I did to Brovinski and thinking how I'll do the same to Cerberus.

"Where?"

I don't want to disclose any information about my history. It's not favorable to others and the past is the past. There's no use discussing what we can't change. I open my mouth to try to evade answering, when the doors fly open and relief flows through me. Thank God for a distraction.

Kya walks in, looking down at her hands and mumbling something to herself. She doesn't even notice us until she's five feet away. Looking up, her face registers shock. "What are you guys doing in here? And...did I...interrupt something?"

"No," I sharply answer, restraining nervous laughter.

"What are you guys doing here?" she asks. "I've successfully avoided Ren for three days and now you're here?"

"Why are you here?" I challenge, putting my hands on my hips and narrowing my eyes at her, maintaining my edge.

Kya's pale eyes search the room as if she's physically looking for an excuse. "I, uhh...I think here. I mean, I come down here to think..."

Ren snorts next to me. "Really, Kya? All you do is think but it isn't like you'll ever amount to anything."

"Well at least there's evidence that I have a brain," she coolly counters, words like smooth ice.

"It isn't like you can kick us out, princess," Ren argues. I knew he didn't like the perfect Kya Carter, but I didn't know he hated her.

Kya's hands ball into fists and she clenches her jaw. I wonder if I'm actually about to see the perfect Kya get pissed, but she releases a breath and unfurls her hands. "You know what? I'll leave. I've seen enough of you," she says to Ren. "I hope you get caught for trying to break out."

With that, she spins on her heels as the pool doors open again. This time, Leo enters. Kya rams right into his shoulder and he yelps. "I'm sorry," she mutters as she barrels on to the doors. And if you listen really hard, you can hear her whisper to someone else, or maybe herself, "I'm sorry."

"What's her deal?" Leo asks, rubbing his hurt shoulder.

"She always has a deal," Ren utters, smiling at the fact that he angered her.

"Whatever it is, it might be a problem," I tell Leo. "She seemed upset and wished that we get caught so, could you follow her?"

"Aye, aye," he salutes, heading out to follow Kya Carter.

I don't know if Kya's too good to turn us in or not, but she sure seemed upset. I just hope that her final "I'm sorry" wasn't for us.