Bye, Travis | Chapter 4 *part two*

The Chapter 4 | Behind those tears
*2/3*

Things are tougher and I don’t think I can still make it into the cut. Breathless sighs started to came out of my lips. Tears flow down continuously and I can’t make them stop. Pain can be felt all over my body, inside and out. Jesus.

“Li-lily.” Khris’ faint voice. I weakly smiled though it can be obviously seen that I’m not in my ‘OKAY’ self right now.

“Khris, your parents are here. Tara na.” Ate Lyra came. Khris shook his head and looked at me once more. I just smiled at him to let him know that I’ll be alright.

“Yo-you’ll be fine, okay? T-trust me.” I simply nodded and shut my eyes. I’ll be okay.

But still these tears won’t stop.

Yesterday made me into this situation. It was so painful. It was too hard to take. I just felt the worst thing ever and I don’t think I’ll be able to recover after that. But I wish I can . . . I hope I will.

Rica and I were best childhood friends. Hindi kami naghihiwalay. Inseparable. At mas aakalain pa nila na kami ang kambal kesa sa kanilang dalawa ni Khris. We used to play a lot, be on same dress, share the same interest and likes.

But that was before the accident.

Rica was kidnapped when we’re ten. She was threatened at a very young age that’s why she acts like that. Trauma, I must say. And the worst part is that I should be the one on her shoes when she wasn’t mistaken as me by the kidnappers.

When Rica knew about the mistaken identity after being saved, she started ignoring me, being a meanie and hurt me as much as possible. I understand that. Sino bang hindi? Aaminin ko, sa age na 10 na hindi pa masyadong naiintindihan ang lahat. Ganyan ang mararamdaman ko.

Inggit. Galit. Selos. Takot.

We ended our friendship since then.

It was painful.

For I just lost a friend.

I became close to Khris when Rica suffers from traumatic conditions. He used to be my playmate when Rica can’t. It all started when Rica ignored everyone else. Dahil ang iniisip niya, pinabayaan siya ng lahat. Walang nagmahal sa kanya dahil akala niya. . . mas mahal nila ako kesa sa kanya.

If she only knew how her parents love her.

If she only knew how her twin brother cares too much for her.

But she was too close minded that she didn’t have any time to recognize them all.

Even my love and care for her, it was mere ‘lie’ for her.

Pero kahit ganun, I still try to return the friendship and bring back the closeness we used to have. Masaya ako dahil unti-unting bumalik 'yun nung dumating si Travis sa buhay ni Rica. She now starts to tell me stories about him.

I know Travis kasi pareho lang kami ng school na pinapasukan at siya pa ang Pres ng Music Club. Nakikita ko siya araw-araw pero noon talaga, hindi ko alam kung bakit gusto siya ni Rica dahil suplado siya at emotionless.

But it changed after that phone call.

I'm guilty of using that chance to be close with Travis. Tinatawagan ko siya kahit hindi alam ni Rica. I sang for him every night. I didn't realize after every calls, an intimate feeling forms. I wanted to stop but I just can't. . .

and end up with those rings and me saying, “Hello, Travis.”

I can feel my tears running down my face. I can't deny that I've totally fallen for Travis. I can't deny that I like him too much. . .and yeah, it turns out that I love him.

I love Travis.

I do.

And I don't think it won't stop.

But yesterday. . .

“Manloloko.” he said.

My heart crushed down.

Painful like hell.

*toooooooooooooooooooooooooooot*