Chapter Four

ALEXIA'S POV

"How was your first day, Lexi?" Aunt Beth asked. I was stunned for a few seconds, as I only had one foot in the door, but soon smiled and said, "It was really good actually. I met some really nice girls at lunch, one of them is in my Bio class."

"Oh, that's great! I'm so glad to hear!"

"Little miss here is also quite the runner, I discovered in P.E. Spencer certainly discovered you as well." Wilson interjected and I turned red. Aunt Beth just smiled and disappeared into the kitchen to start dinner. "You are so dead. I don't even know who the fuck Spencer is!" I hissed to Wilson.

"OooOOooh. My lil' cuz knows how to use naughty words!" He taunted, covering his mouth with his hand and widening his eyes. I shot him a death glare before following Beth into the kitchen.

"Um, Beth?" I asked timidly and she spun around to face me, "You know those girls I mentioned?" She nodded, "Would it be ok if I asked them over for a sleepover? You know, just so I get to know some of the kids in my year?" Beth smiled warmly, "Of course, Lexi. We can hire out a few DVDs and set you guys up in the loungs if you would like. I squealed and gave my aunt a squeeze.

                                                          * * * * * * * *

I think the whole of Baltimore heard my new friends' screams when I invited them over the next day at lunch. Macey looked like she was about to have a stroke and Alyss just sat there with her mouth wide open, gaping like a fish.

"Yo, Alyss, stop catching flies." Remarked a rather smug Jade and Alyss abruptly shut her mouth. Anna looked at me with wide eyes and just stared. I swear she didn't blink for like ten minutes, and then she couldn't stop blinking. Lily just sat there, looking like she had been slapped with a fish. Man these chicks were funny.

Friday couldn't come fast enough. By Thursday afternoon, I was exhausted and was so ready for the weekend until I was reminded by Wilson that I still had a day to go. The week was fiiled with learning where all my classes were, staying on top of the mountain of homework that teachers really thought was necessary, learning who all my teachers actually were, and keeping up with my fitness programme I had mocked up. I was training for the basketball trials, much to Wilson's amusement. Man his face was going to be funny when I made it into the team. I had made it at military school, and let me tell you, the coaches there were a lot harsher than they were here.

Friday finally arrived and when I got home that afternoon, I went straight upstairs to shower and get changed before going to set up the living room. I dragged my mattress all the way downstairs and positioned it in front of the couch before going to retrieve the air mattress from the attic. On my way downstairs with the air mattress, I heard voices in the kitchen.

"She has been here for all of one week and already she's acting like she's lived here all her life!"

"Wilson, that's a good thing." Came Aunt Beth's calm voice.

"No! It's not! She's taken up my space in the bathroom, kicked me out of the lounge when there's a game on tonight and humiliated me in P.E!"

"Wilson, you are being pathetic. We need Alexia to settle in as quickly as possible and quite frankly, I have had enough game nights to last me the rest of my life. I finally have another girl around and my son doesn't have the balls to learn to share attention with another kid in the house! If only you had acted like this when you were younger then we would have had a heck of a lot of make-up and chick-flick  sessions." A very agitated Wilson stormed out of the kitchen and I moved out of the way for him on the stairs. He stopped in front of me and it was then that I realised that I had a cascade of tears running down my face.