Chapter Two

Banner on the side is Wilson Gordon

ALEXIA'S POV

The house was small and cute and looked very out of place in the middle of all the run-down apartment buildings that surrounded it. It was made out of red brick with a set of concrete stairs leading up to the little white door. Aunt Beth had put in a little flower bed along the bottom of the house and a few pot plants at the top of the stairs. Ally led me into the house and put my bag down on the polished wood floor of the front entrance.

“We’ll give you a tour of the house before you get settled into your room.” He smiled at me before turning and walking into the room on the right of the corridor.

“This is the kitchen and dining area.” The space was open and welcoming. The polished floor had been continued into the dining area and the kitchen looked well-loved and used with black and white tiles on the floor and white wash on the brick walls. There were shelves in the dining area stacked with crockery and recipe books. Ally turned and ushered me back through the corridor to the room on the left.

“This is the living room.” This room was rustic like the other room with its whitewashed brick walls and big open fireplace under a white mantel piece. The squashy furniture was mismatched and cozy and the back wall was painted dark red, making the room fell warm and welcoming. A huge bookcase stood by the fire and was stuffed with books and other odds and ends. A television stood on the other side of the fire place and a window seat was hidden behind the door with a big grey cat sleeping on it. I walked over to the cat and scooped it up in my arms. She gave a big stretch before looking at me with a bored expression.

“That’s Mr. Tickles.” I turned to see Wilson walking through the door. “The fattest, most spoiled cat in Baltimore.” I smiled and looked at the squashed face of Mr. Tickles.

“You’re not fat. You’re a comfortable weight aren’t you?” I cooed.

“Glad to know you could talk. I was starting to think you lost your voice or sumthin’.” He gave me another dazzling grin and I ducked my head as I felt a slow blush creeping over my cheeks.

“C’mon, I’ll show you the rest of the house.” Still cradling Mr. Tickles in my arms, I followed Wilson around the other rooms in the house: bathroom, parents’ room, office and finally upstairs. Wilson stopped outside a white door, “This is your room. My room is just there” he said, pointing to the door to the right of mine “And our bathroom is there if you need it.” he continued, pointing at the door across the hall “I think Mom cleared a few shelves in there for your lady shit.” My eyes narrowed at his blunt manor “Thanks, I’m sure I won’t take up too much of your obviously precious space.” I said sourly before heading downstairs to get my things. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs behind me and soon, Wilson was walking at my side.

"You might want to let him go, you're squeezing him a bit tight." I became conscious that Mr. Tickles was still in my arms and I crouched down to set him free. Wilson snorted and I frowned up at him (I had to look up because he was so tall).

I  picked up my one bag before walking back the way I had come.

"D'you want me to get these for you?" Wilson asked gesturing to the photo albums lying in the corridor. They were the only things I had bothered to get out of storage after the fire and I certainly didn't want a partial stranger touching them. 

"No." I growled

"C'mon. It'll save you a trip."

"Don't care." I was halfway to the stairs by now. Wilson huffed before picking up my books and following me anyway.