𝟎𝟏 ╸sokovia accords

Start from the beginning

"What word would you use, Mr Secretary?" Natasha asks as she cocks her head to the side.

"How 'bout 'dangerous'. What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals, who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind them? New York. Washington DC. Sokovia. Lagos." The board behind Ross changes as it showcases each and every one of the destructions they've caused as he names them all. Diana sees Wanda placing her head in her hands, remembering her brother's death.

"Alright that is enough," Steve tells Ross as he purses his lips. "For the past 4 years, you operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution. The Sokovia accords." Ross throws a packet onto the table, giving out a small bang as it hit the wood. Steve takes it and flips absentmindedly through it, his finger on his lip. "Approved by 117 countries. It states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations Panel, only when and if that Panel deems it necessary," Ross continues.

Diana glares at the packet like it's an enemy, her nostrils flared.

"Something wrong, Diana?" Ross takes a look at Diana. 

Diana shakes her head, "No, Mr Secretary." 

"Hmm, alright," Ross looks at Diana sceptically. Wanda takes a peek at the packet, quickly sliding it to Natasha.

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've did that," Steve says.

"Tell me, captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?" Ross asks. "If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes, you can bet there'd be consequences. Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground." He points to the Sokovia Accords, nodding along to his words.

"So, there are contingencies," Rhodes adds, looking at Ross for approval.

 Ross nods, "Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords." Steve and Diana glance at Tony, who is covering his face with his hand.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha asks cooly. 

"Then you retire," Ross walks away, his guard soon following after him.

"I've never retired," Diana whispers, heads turning to her. "Yes, I haven't fought before the Avengers were formed except for World War I. But I always had something to do, a job. I don't think I can go back to civilian life once more."

"Why not?" Wanda asks.

"It reminds me of things I don't want to remember. Fighting always takes my mind off of things. I only think about the fight, not everything else," Diana walks to the living room, sitting on a plush sofa. The others followed her, some sitting, others standing.

Rhodes and Sam were both arguing about the Sokovia Accords. "Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor, which is 1 more than you have." Rhodes juts his finger towards Sam. "So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam asks Rhodes, shaking his head at the dark-skinned man. "A 117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you're just like, No, that's cool. We got it," Rhodes retorts, throwing his hands into the air.