Chapter 9

A/N: New chapter. I hope you guys enjoy this. I'm sorry about not updating yesterday but I wasn't in the right state to be writing. But I'm better now. Anyways enjoy my lovelys.

It was really adorable how nervous Mitch was with the song. We had Kirstie, Avi, and Kevin here to help out but he was still freaking. Since we hadn't really hinted to our friends about our intimacy, I discreetly held Mitch's hand. I was rubbing my thumb across his skin to calm him down. I brought him closer.

"You're going to do fine." I kissed his temple quickly. A week of being together like this and Mitch still hasn't let us take on the titles of being boyfriends.

"I'm not nervous about that." I cocked my head to the side.

"What do you-"

"We're on." We jumped apart at the interruption. Kirstie stood in the doorway. Mitch and I walked towards the stage. Before we got on, I made sure no one was looking when I pulled him into a short kiss. Well, it was suppose to be a short kiss but Mitch wasn't letting go.

"Called it." Ms. Wade made us break apart. She didn't stay to hear out explanation. Just walked into the crowd to watch us. Mitch let out a shaky breath. I pecked his lips.

"Go luck." He nodded. He wouldn't meet my eyes as we got up on the stage. He was never nervous like this before. I could see the microphone shaking with both of his hands. It pissed me off that I couldn't reach out to comfort him.

"I need your love.
I need your time.
When everything's wrong, you make it right.
I feel so high, I come alive.
I need to be free with you tonight.
I need your love." You would have never have guessed how nervous Mitch was by the confidence his singing voice puts forth. When my part came, he smiled towards me. Kirstie was between us. She was also holding onto Mitch's hand as the song continued.

"I take a deep breath every time I pass your door
I know you're there but I can't see you anymore
And that's the reason you're in the dark
I've been a stranger ever since we fell apart
And I feel so helpless here
Watch my eyes are filled with fear
Tell me do you feel the same?
Hold me in your arms again." I reached out towards Mitch dramatically. He laughed softly before joining in where we all sing together. Except Kevin and Avi because, well, they're amazing. Mitch and Kirstie rolled their bodies along with the song like goofy little kids.

"Now I'm dreaming, will I ever find you now?
I walk in circles but I'll never figure out
What I mean to you, do I belong?
I try to fight this but I know I'm not that strong." The smile on Mitch's face faltered on his part before he quickly regained it. Then my eyes had to leave him as we all sang together again. I couldn't be looking at him the whole time. Kirstie stepped on the other side of Mitch as his solo came. He slipped his hand in mine, staring deeply into my eyes.

"All the years, all the times,
You have never been to blame.
And now my eyes are open."

"And now my heart is closing." Realization slapped me straight in the face. That's why he didn't want to perform our solos before hand and why he was so nervous. Even the whole part of picking this song. It was an apology.

"And all the tears, all the lies, all the waste.
I've been trying to make a change.
And now my eyes are open." Mitch and Kirstie's voice blended perfectly. I went through the motions for the rest of the song and then it came to the last verse. Avi was suppose to do this but we agreed it would make a bigger effect if I sang it. I held both of Mitch's hands in my free hand.

"I need your love, I need your time.
When everything's wrong, you make it right.
I feel so high, I come alive.
I need to be free with you tonight." I paused long enough to bring Mitch's hands to my lips. "I need your love." I kissed the skin lightly. I could see his chest rising with every breath as the emotion passed through his body. We bowed when the crowd cheered and then headed backstage. Mitch lagged behind.

"Good job boys." Ms. Wade smiled at us while Avi wrapped his arm around her waist to bring her closer. I glance at Mitch. He made no move to respond.

"Thanks. Ms. Wade."

"You boys can come back to choir Monday morning." She looked at Mitch, concerned. Kirstie clapped to get everyone's attention.

"Let's give them some privacy." I mouthed thank you as she pushed the others out. When we were left completely alone, I stepped closer to Mitch.

"You sounded amazing." He seemed to ignore me. "Did I do something wrong Mitch?" His eyes snapped up to mine.

"No." He said flatly, looking away without thinking. "I-" His hand went above his heart. "I like you." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Well I like you too."

"No. Like I really like you." I swallowed to try and keep my throat from going dry. He took a step closer. I watch him stare at my chest, playing with the necklace I was wearing. "Like I want to be in a relationship with you." I tensed.

"Like....my boyfriend?" I cheered softly when he nodded. I've been waiting for this. I brought his forehead to mine. "I never thought this would happen." He pulled my into a slow, soft kiss. I felt my stomach burst like a active volcano and the lava poured through my veins. Mitch finished the kiss, opening his eyes lazily.

"I never thought I would have ever experience a kiss that made my knees weak." He brought our lips back together, moving them perfectly against each as his hand held onto the back of am head and tangled in my hair.

"Mitch!" Mitch's father yelled out for him. He wasn't in sight but it still scared me enough to shove me super far. Mitch bit down on his swollen bottom lip.

"Text me." He had a playful gleam in his eyes.

"Of course."

"Coming Henry!" He called out to his dad. He ran up to place a kiss on my cheek. "Bye Scott." He did a flirty wave before disappearing in the direction his father was calling. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face.

"Boyfriends huh?" Kirstie made me whip around. Avi and Kevin were standing on other side of her, grinning at each other. "I knew you guys would never hate each other forever." I could feel the heat from my embarrassment making my flesh burn so I made the excuse of my parents wanting me. I couldn't help but feel the whole time I was in the theater, that there were a pair of eyes watching me.