Chapter 6

For PTX_Scomiche

Also I hope Caitlin (@justtanotherrgirl) likes her part. I know you love Avi and I love you so yeah. You a couple now. :)

"So, I was thinking we could focus on the chorus together and then work on our solos alone." I raised my eyebrow, looking at Mitch as we walked.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just feel like it." He boldly slipped his hand into mine. I was surprised. We were in public where anyone from school could see us. I yanked him closer, snaking my arm around his waist. He smiled shyly up at me. With all of what happened this morning with my parents and our little make out session, I've learned that Mitch is a really shy person. He was a bold shy person. "You're cute when you think."

"Shut up Mitchie."

"Make me Scotty." I rolled my eyes. "Come on. It's a beautiful Saturday." He threw his hands in the air, spinning around like a child. I smiled. I looked up at the sky. It was covered by black clouds.

"Mitch. It looks like it's about to rain." He giggle. Yes, he giggled and it was the most adorable thing on this entire planet. He grabbed my hands.

"Not rain. Snow."

"You're crazy. It barely ever snows here." I fought the urge to roll my eyes again.

"Maybe. Just maybe this will be the day it finally does. And I want to be outside for it." I was yanked forward by Mitch dragging down the street. I shivered as a cold chill swept through my thin clothing. "Look Scott! Look." He pointed into thin air. My eyes adjusted and I saw the tiny snowflake riding on the breeze.

"Wow." I whispered to myself. Mitch had a cheeky grin on his face.

"I told you!" He pointed at me. I grabbed his hand and pulled him forward. I could feel his body shaking against mine.

"Why are you so nervous?" He didn't answer me. Instead he stood on his toes to press a light kiss against my lips.

"Everything right now is a first for me. I'm suppose to be nervous." I held both of his hands in mine.

"What's going to happen Monday?"

"During school, I have to act the same as I always have. My "friends" report to my parents friends." Mitch brought us over to a bench. "I don't want to get punished." His free hand was trying to touch the snowflakes in the air. I was holding on tightly to his other hand.

"Have your parents ever hit you Mitch?"

"Only a little slap. Nothing that actually hurt me. Physically." He whispered the last part to himself, his head falling to rest against my shoulder.

"You don't deserve any of that. You're a wonderful guy. I wish I saw it sooner."

"Me too. I could have been with you a lot longer." Even with the awkward position we were in, I bent down slightly to kiss him. His hand travel across my neck, raising goosebumps along my skin, before resting on the back of my neck. We still had our hands clutched together. For the first time since this whole charade started, I ran my tongue across his bottom lip. He hesitated. He pulled away. "I'm sorry." I shook my head.

"I'm fine being able to kiss you like this." He tried to hide his smile by biting his lip.

"You are the only person who can truly make me smile." I nuzzled my nose into his neck causing him to giggle for the second time today.

"I'm glad." I could still feel him body shaking but now it wasn't about the nervousness. It was about the cold. "Come on. Let's go some place warmer." This time as we walked instead of holding my hand, his arms were wrapped against one of mine. He bolted forward as we came in front of a coffee shop.

"Coffee!"

"We shouldn't be having coffee." He was yanking on my hand to go inside.

"Please Scott. I'll never ask you for anything ever again." I pointed at him accusingly.

"That is a lie and you know it."

"Hey." We both turned to see Avi with Ms. Wade holding onto his hand. I thought she was dating someone but I didn't know it was one of my friends. She smiled at us. Avi was three years older than me so he was twenty one and Ms. Wade was only a year older. So it wasn't like they were breaking some law. She never even taught him.

"You two are together?" Mitch asked. They nodded together. "Called it. I saw Avi kissing you goodbye one morning."

"Caitlin and I have to go if you don't mind." Avi's arm wrapped around her waist. I could see Ms. Wade's inner teacher was trying not to break out. Mitch's phone began ringing as the couple walked away. He frowned at the screen. He put up his finger, walking away from the entrance

"My friend took me to the hospital." I moved closer to listen in. I felt bad but he wasn't in a good mood anymore. "I took too many pills. On accident. No I wasn't planning on killing myself." He sighed, his hand resting on his forehead. "Yeah. Yeah. I'll be home later." His voice slowly got sadder. He ended the call. I wrapped my arms around his body from behind.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine." He tried to put on a fake smile but I wasn't buying it. "My mom wants me home tonight." I looked at my watch.

"So I have eight hours to make you happy." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why eight hours?"

"Cause I have to get you home by midnight. You're my Cinderella." I placed soft kisses on his neck. "Now, let's get home. My mom started it already."

"How do you know that?"

"She always starts dinner at four then it's ready at five." I went to walk forward but Mitch stayed put.

"I wish I had a family like yours." I elbowed him softly.

"You do have my family." I put my hands on his shoulders. "My mom adores you and my dad, well. If he jokes around like that, it means he likes you as well. They never really liked Todrick but you. You're something special." I tilted his chin up to look at me. He stuck out his bottom lip.

"I don't want to walk." I knelt down.

"Get on my back." He smiled in triumph. He jumped on my back, wrapping his legs around my waist, and his arms around my neck.

"Whoa. Don't go any higher. I might fall and die." We laughed together. He tightened his grip on me. "You smell good." He kissed my cheek.

"Thanks." He sighed softly.

"I wish today could last forever." I jumped slightly to get him back up higher. Mitch was heavier than he looked.

"I do too."