Chapter 5

For Justtanotherrgirl

I rang the doorbell an waited for Mitch to open the door. He quickly opened the door before closing it with his back against it.

"Can we not be at my house today?"

"Parents home?" He nodded, lacing his fingers with me. I didn't miss the butterflies that erupted in my stomach. He pulled me to my car. That how we ended up going to my house. We were currently standing in front of the door. "Listen. My parents are very.....strange. Actually, I think that word is too tame for them."

"Bet they're not as bad as mine."

"True." I fixed the beanie on the top of my head. "They'll smother you." So far nothing had been mentioned about what happened yesterday. I think he just wanted to pretend the kiss never even existed.

"Well, okay. Being smothered is a fine way to die." I laughed dryly. Death jokes with Mitch scared me right now. I was afraid he would attempt what he failed again. I held Mitch's hand. I didn't want him to leave. To think two days ago I absolutely hated Mitch but now I wanted to be able to hold him close whenever I wanted. I took a deep breath.

"Let's get this over with." He laughed causing a smile to break across my face. He was cute. Before I could open the door, it was swung open by my mom. She was pencil thin with an average height and blonde hair. It's a pity I didn't get my eyes from my mom. They were a perfect mix of green and blue. She smiled brightly.

"You must be Mitch. Scott's told me a lot about you." She winked at me. I heard Mitch trying to hide his laughter while the heat was burning my face.

"Mom." I glanced over at Mitch.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Hoying." She made a weird nose.

"Oh please. Mrs. Hoying is my mother in law. And she's crazy." She circled her finger around her temple. "Call me mom. All of Scott's friends do."

"O-o-okay." He looked at me for help.

"Let's go inside." I was yanked back slightly when I tried to go inside. We had totally forgot that our hands were intertwined. I released Mitch's hand. "Sorry."

"No. It's fine. I don't mind it."

"Aw. Isn't that sweet?" My mom broke the moment. I rolled my eyes, taking Mitch's hand again to pull him inside. He stopped at one of the pictures in the hallway.

"Oh my god."

"What?" His finger traced little me's face.

"You are so....adorable!" I shoved him lightly.

"Shut up."

"You should see his baby pictures." My mom dragged Mitch over to the couch and pulled out the photo albums. I groaned.

"Mom!" I fell on the couch next to Mitch who was attentively watching my mom point at pictures. I pulled my beanie over my face when the were looking at one of my naked baby pictures.

"So tiny. I hope it grew." I ignored Mitch's comment.

"I don't thi-"

"Jesus Christ mom! Just shush!" I stood up from the couch. "Mitch and I are going upstairs." I grabbed his hand, pulling the both of us up the stairs.

"No hanky panky under this roof." My face was so red by now it was probably sunburned on my face. This whole time Mitch was just laughing at my misery. I pushed Mitch in my room, slammed the door, and slid down against it.

"I hate you so much right now."

"Oh Scottland. Relax." He slid down next to me. "I bet it's not a bad size." I knocked my shoulder against his.