(mini timeskip) 

With the force field up again, and the crowd unable to enter, we gasped for breath. We were standing in between a giant robot lion, and some sort of force field. 
I started giggling, and soon, she did too. 
   "Holy crap I was so scared! I thought they were gonna get us!" I said.
   "M-me too" she laughed, still trying to catch her breath. 
   "Humans are scary" I laughed. She nodded, laughing in reply.  She lowered the screen that hid her face, but the helmet was still on her head. 
   "Hi, how are you?"  I asked, chuckling.
   "Well you know, between fighting an alien race with a different alien technology and landing here and being chased 12 blocks by a mob of my own kind, I'm doing fantastic, how are you?" she gasped sarcastically. 
   "Fantastic, now that you're here. Classes were so boring today" I replied. 
   "Ha, I bet" She replied, finally gaining a stable breath.
   "HEY!!" someone from the crowd yelled. 
   "WHAT!!" She yelled in reply, ripping off her helmet. Her hair was still short, but she wasn't wearing glasses right now. 
   The crowd was taken aback by her appearance, but still asked: 
   "Why are you here?" 
"To pick her up" she said, pointing a thumb at me. I simply waved.
   "Why?" someone else asked.
   "Oh my go- you know what. No. I ain't answering a single question from you. Ya know why? BECAUSE YOU CHASED ME AROUND THE WHOLE DAMN TOWN THAT'S WHY" She yelled. 
   "Woah, sass love" I smiled. 
   "I don't care about my level of sass right now, I'm so, so tired" She grumbled, rubbing the bridge of her nose.
   "Do you have your bag?" She asked.
   "Not with me. It's at my aunt's house" I replied. 
   "I am not going back out there with this quiznek of a crowd" she growled. 
   "I don't want you to, so it's okay" I replied.
Two hours passed until the crowd finally disappeared, but that was due to the police arriving and asking us questions through the force field.
   "Can you take this... this... whatever this is down?" The policeman asked. 
   "No. I like my protection against the dangerous forces of my own kind" Pidge replied. The policeman gave us an 'are you fucking kidding me' glare, so Pidge sighed. 
   "Green" was all she said, and the force field dissipated. 
The police were shocked, to say the least, but allowed us to do what we wanted anyways, and apologized on behalf of the civilians. 

By the time we got back to my aunt's house, it was 2 pm. Along the way, people stared and pointed at Pidge, but did not approach. 
   "We're here...sorry Pidge" I said. 
   "It's okay, it wasn't you that frustrated me. I'm actually feeling better though. I just don't like being stared at" She replied. 
   "Understandable. This will only take a minute, so we can head by your house real quick and say hi to your mom, if you want" I replied.
   "Good idea. Should I go in?" She asked. 
   "Probably not. If she catches me, I want to make a quick escape. If you are in there, and then go to your mother, then we will have a problem" I replied. 
   "True" She agreed. 

   As I grabbed my bag, I saw my silks sitting in the corner of the room. Without thinking, I grabbed them and shoved them into the bag and quietly ran back outside. 
   "Wow, that actually was fast. You usually take forever" Pidge joked. 
   "Oh shut up" I growled jokingly.  
Not even ten minutes passed before we arrived at Pidge's house. 
   "Want me to go in too?" I asked. 
   "Sure" Pidge shrugged. 

As soon as we walked in, we heard a voice.
   "Um, hello?" 
   "Hi mom" Pidge called. 
   "Katie?!?!" She screamed, running into the room. 
   "Yup, hi! Listen I can only be here for a few minutes, but I wanted to say hello. Also if you see a giant green lion on the news, that was me" Pidge said, hugging her mom. 
   "That was you?! Where on Earth did you get that?" She asked. 
   "Actually, I didn't get it on Earth. I, uh, am usually in space. I don't go to the Garrison anymore. I have a duty to the universe" She explained. 
   "What are you talking about?" Her mom asked. 
   "I am the pilot of The Green Lion, one of the five lions that combine to create the defender of the universe: Voltron. Along with me are the other four pilots and the last two Altaens in existence. They are aliens, technically, but they are good" She explained further. Her mom just stood there in shock. 
   "Mrs. Holt, are you okay?" I asked, finally having something to say.
   "You better be kept safe by them" She replied to Pidge. 
   "I will mom, I have to go, but I will visit someday soon" She said, giving her mother another hug. 
   "Make the world- the universe proud baby" She whispered. 

As Pidge sat in the Green Lion, we saw her mother waving from the ground. We took off, and I watched as the little town I grew up in faded into the distance. 
   "This is insane" I blurted, and Pidge laughed.
   "I know right, the technology is so advanced, its awesome!" She replied. 
   "Yeah, incredible" I breathed. 
   "Almost there" She called. 
   "Wait, holy shit, already?!?!" I screamed. 
   "Yeah! I told you she is fast!" She laughed.
   "Wow! That's your ship?!?!" I gasped. She nodded in reply. 

As we landed, I saw the other four lions and their pilots on the ground, along with two strange looking people. 
   "Hey guys, I'm back" Pidge called through her intercom.
   "Sweet, good timing too" Someone replied. Grabbing my bag, I exited the lion with Pidge right behind me.
   "Woah! Who is she?" A guy in a blue outfit asked. 
   "Back off Lance." Was Pidge's response. 
   "Meow Pidge, calm down" Lance replied. The others around him chuckled. 
   "Uh, hi, I'm (y/n)" I said awkwardly. 
   "Nice to finally put a face to the voice from the phone" Shiro said, holding his arm out to shake my hand. I gladly accepted. 
   "Nice to meet you too" I replied. 
   "So, why is she here?" Lance asked. 
   "Oh that's simple. She is coming with us" Pidge said, crossing her arms.
    "Who is she, like, is she a family member?" Hunk responded. 
   "No. She is my girlfriend" Pidge scoffed. 

It took a few seconds before everyone's eyes, aside from Shiro and the two strange people, grew large. 
   "WAIT WHAT" Almost everyone yelled in unison. 
   "Woah woah woah, she is coming with us?" Lance asked.
   "Yep, we think she is valuable in fighting as well" Shiro explained. 
   "Anyways, (y/n), I am Princess Allura, welcome to the team" One of the strange people said. 
   "The pleasure is all mine" I replied, smiling.