Chapter 2 - Vanilla

As morning came I stayed in bed for a few more minutes thinking about what I was going to do. Is it safe to let her enter my life? Wait, I'm rushing things, she won't even want that, I just 'met' her a few hours ago...

When I got out of my bedroom Natsu had already left the apartment. I didn't know where he went but I don't care, it doesn't matter where he goes, he always manages to find his way home so... Why worry? It's Saturday and I don't have to go to college, It's summer break.

'Thank god for that...' And once I finished this thoughts the first thing that comes to my mind is her again. How did she do this? How did she managed to be the only thing in my mind? And how did she do that in only a few hours?

I look at the clock. 11:26am. I guess I'll just stay home. I have plenty of things to cook a nice meal and then I can think about what I'm going to do in the afternoon. Or... At least... I'll try to think about something that doesn't envolve... her, and, to be honest, I don't really wanna do anything. Maybe it's better if I stay home the whole day and go to the bar at night... Pretty much what I do every day when I don't have to go to work. I heard the door open.

"Gray! You're awake!" it was Natsu. Looks like he isn't going anywhere today either. Great...

"I went to the bakery and I bought this strawberry cupcake and it's awesome! You should try one!"

I look at him and in his hands there's just the half cupcake he is eating.

"What? You said all of that but you didn't even bought one for me?"

"Go get one yourself!"

I should be expecting that.
But actually, eat a cupcake looks like a great idea right now. I think I'll go.
I went to my room, got dressed and and then went to the bathroom to brush my hair. I don't know why I did that, my black hair would just stay the same, but even so, I liked it that way.

I looked at the window. It was cloudy but it didn't look like it was going to rain. It was definitely better than last night. I went down the stairs of my apartment and turned left. The bakery wasn't very far, we can go on foot with no worries. As I walked I couldn't help but try to find her in the crowd of people in the street. In vain, of course, what was the probability, right? I knew this, but even so...

Suddenly, I caught a glimpse of blue hair. It wasn't her. It was one of her friends, the one who left first. I knew this meant nothing, Juvia could be in a plane right now, heading for the furthest country from here, but finding her friend in this crowd made me feel like I was one step closer to seeing her again. And I couldn't wait for it.

I entered the bakery. There weren't many people there... This bakery was huge. It had shelves with cakes and sweets everywhere it was possible. I started to look around the place looking for the cupcakes Natsu had bought. The lady in the counter looked at me, maybe it was too obvious that I was a little bit lost...

"Can I help you?" she smiled at me. When I didn't answer right away, she kept talking. "Are you looking for the cupcakes?" coincidence?

"Uhh, yes... How-"

"Natsu, I'm guessing you know him, said his friend would come and buy one so I was just checking if it was you." I was a bit surprised, how was he so sure that I would buy a cupcake? And why did he told that to this lady?

I tried to remember if I had seen her before... She had blonde hair, big brown eyes... I think I've already seen her... I just can't remember where. Her name tag said 'Lucy'. Then, part of the puzzle solved itself. She was Lucy. Natsu's Lucy, the one he is always talking about. But still... Where have I seen her before? Anyways...