Chapter 8: TurtleBoi Passes Out

Start from the beginning

"Ready?" John looked at Angelica.

"Yeah," Angelica chose to sit in the front seat. "So I was thinking we can skip the library and maybe just go to the store or something? I need groceries."

"Sure," Something had changed between them, but nonetheless, John drove them to the nearest Safeway.

"Any music?" Angelica reached for the aux cord.

"I have no preference."

"How about songs from Dear Ben Platt?"

"Sure."

The two drove in silence while listening to Bad for me.

oOo

Angelica's POV

The awkward silence was killing Angie. And it was her fault.

Finally, Safeway came up and the pair got out.

"What's on the list?" John asked.

"Well, we need to take the upgrade," Angelica replied.

"Upgrade?"

"For the computer,"

"But first don't you want to do groceries?"

"Sure." The two awkwardly headed to store when suddenly a small boy bumped into John.

"Escuse me but I need hewp," said the boy who was barely five.

John laughed. "What's your name?"

"Phiwip," the boy said.

Angie knelt down beside him."Where are your parents?"

"I dunno but - but they said they'd be back,"

John flinched at those words.

"John, you okay?" Angelica looked at him.

Flashback

"John! Your mother wants to see you!"

A ten-year-old John ran down the steps and flew into his mother's arms.

"My darling boy!" Even though his mother was just recovering from his sister's birth, she always had the strength to carry John.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to hug you one last time,"

"What do you mean?"

"Shhh," his mother held John and gently stroked his hair. "Can you be strong for me, Jacky?"

John immediately leapt out of his mother's arms and lifted her bags.

"Look how strong I am mommy!"

John's mother's laugh sounded like the tinkle of small bells.

"I'll be back, Jacky, I'll be back..."

That day was the last time John saw his mother, for in the morning, she was gone.

Flashback end.

"John! JOHN! I'M CALLING 911!" John suddenly blinked to find himself back in the car, leaning against Angelica.

"What happened?" John groaned and sat up.

"You collapsed on the middle of the street!" Angie looked frantic.

"What about the kid?" John looked around for Philip.

"Oh, his parents found him, but you've been out for, like, ten minutes," John took a better look at Angelica. Her eyes were red and puffy.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm fine," John put a hand on Angie's shoulder. "Let's go get the groceries."

John tried to get out of the car, but ultimately stumbled into Angelica's arms.

"Nope, we're going straight back home and I'm driving,"

John didn't have the energy to argue. He got back in the car, reclined the seat, and closed his eyes.

oOo

Alex's POV

"I don't know what happened, okay! Just, please, watch him for me," Angelica talked loudly into her phone.

"He's asleep now, I think he was just stressed," Alex's voice was muffled over the phone.

"Has anything like this happened before?"

"Not that I recall. What was going on before he passed out?"

"This kid needed our help finding his parents. Why?"

"Oh... OH," Alex suddenly understood.

"What?" Angelica snapped.

"No, it's just that John's mom left them when he was young,"

"Oh," Angelica took a deep breath. "I gotta go, tell me if anything happens to him."

"Okay," Alex snapped his phone shut.

Alex took one look at his best friend sleeping so peacefully. John looked calm and fine.

BlueSis: Wanna come over?

WriteLikeYourRunningOuttaTime: Can't... Your sister wants me to watch John

BlueSis: I'll send her over and you can come in her place.

WriteLikeYourRunningOuttaTime: See you in a bit then

Alex saw Angelica crossing the courtyard. Eliza must be one heck of a convincer. He waited until she entered the room.

"Go ahead, Eliza's getting impatient," Angelica walked past Alex, not once looking at him, and stationed herself near John.

Alex took one last look before closing the door behind him.

We're back!  ad!

Hope you enjoyed!

Dedicated to @Hamliza2016 cos HAMLIZA'S ADORABLE I mean so is Lams and like Laurgelica and Heria and stuff but like yeah ITS CUTE

- Eliza and Angelica 🎤