"Good girl." He reached his hand up to caress my face, but I turned my head towards the direction of where the window was.

He let out a groan then took the key and released the metal that kept me connected to the walls. I continued to watch the window, wondering what was on the other side of these walls.

"Didn't you hear that curiosity killed the cat?" He noticed my attention towards the window.

"Good thing I'm not a cat." The words causally flowed out of my mouth, I couldn't detect any emotion.

He let me out of the room, keeping a tight grip on my arm, a tighter hold than what the chains had on me. From what I could see, it was a normal looking home. He brought me to the dining room where a table sat in the middle of the room with two chairs on each side. Two plates rested on the table, steam rising from them and a delicous smelling aroma filled the room, making my mouth water.

Hunger hit me harder than any brick could. "Take a seat." He pushed me towards one of the seats.

"You're not going to put any restraints on me?" I shouldn't have questioned it, but I did.

"Well then how would you eat, silly?" He looked at me like I was an idiot and laughed. "Now sit and eat before I decide it was a bad decision to trust you and then kill you. Is that what you want?" His words were like daggers to my chest.

I sat down without any more questions, picking at my food wondering if he drugged it. Eventually the hunger was too much and I dug into it not caring if it had been drugged. The satisfaction of the first bite was better than I had anticipated.

"Why did you do it?" I asked him as he was taking a bite out of the steak.

He swallowed the food down before he answered me. "Do what? Take you?" I nodded my head up and down, waiting for an answer I wasn't sure I wanted. "You don't want to know the answer to that."

"Yes I do." I hoped my stern voice would show him I was serious about knowing.

"You think you do until I answer it and wish you would've kept your mouth shut." He took another bite out of his steak. I despised the way he chewed, the way he talked, the way he looked. Basically everything about him, I hated. I never knew true hatred until I looked at the man across the table.

I began to feel like I was suffocating in this room, I needed a way out. There was no way I could stay here. I hid the knife I used to cut the steak in the chair. Then I took a big drink of the water in the glass cup in front of my plate. "Can I get some more water?" The pitcher of water sat next to him, he stood up and brought the pitcher over to me.

He started to pour water into my cup, I grabbed onto the knife, forcing it into his side. A painful yell escaped his lips, echoing through the room. I took the pitcher while he was knocked down. Holding it over my head, I forced the glass pitcher down on his head. Water spilled and glass shattered, little shards flying everywhere, most of it getting jabbed into his skin.

He grabbed onto my leg as I tried to make a run for it. He yanked the knife out of his side, stabbing it into my leg. My body went crashing to the glass covered floor. I closed my eyes, covering my face with my hands while I braced for the impact. A stinging sensation took over me as glass small as grains of sand and pieces that were big as my thumb pushed into my skin. My hands and arms took most of the damage. My hand grabbed for the knife in my leg, sliding it out, the agony being more than I could take at that moment. He grabbed my ankle and I forced my foot into his face, pushing some of the shards of glass deeper into his flesh.

As I ran out of the dining room, the horrid screams he let out pierced through the quiet house.

Through the dining room door, it led to the living room which had an exit to the outside world. It was dark, but I found comfort in the darkness, thinking if I could barely see what was going on outside, maybe he wouldn't be able to see me either. I ran, ignoring the pain I felt throughout my whole body. Blood trickled down my skin, falling to the ground as I ran down the dirt road, passing by the sweet scent of oranges.

As I reached the main road, few cars passed by, but none ever offered a ride. If they did, I wasn't sure I would even take the ride. The cold air stung at my wounds as I ran home, hoping one of these roads would take me home. Soon enough I began to recognize the roads and found my way home from memory of watching my mom drive.

When I arrived at my street, my legs ran faster than I ever thought I could. The thought of seeing my mother was fueling, forcing me to run faster so I could be in her arms.

I busted through the front door. The living room had been empty, but I could hear someone rushing down the hallway and towards me. When my mother came into view, I nearly collapsed to the ground. My knees felt weak, but my heart felt happy. She rushed to me, examining me. "Are you okay? What kind of question is that? Of course you're not, look at you." Tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm so happy to see you." I could tell she wanted to hug me, but didn't want to hurt me.

"I'm happy to see you too mom." I smiled through the pain.

"Let's get you to a hospital." She grabbed the keys off of the counter and we were out of the house, in the car on our way to the hospital.

"Mom?" I called out for her weakly.

"Yes?" She looked at me for a split second then forced her eyes back on the road.

"What's going to happen? Are we going to be okay?" It was a serious question which she took time to think about as she drove. There was a fear that I wouldn't be safe and neither would my mom because of the man. Was he dead? Would he come back for me if he wasn't dead?

She didn't say anything, just gave me a reassuring smile that spoke words without her having to open her mouth.

My mom rolled down the windows, letting the fresh air from outside into our car. I rested the chair back and let my eyes close, relaxing for the first time since I'd been stolen.

Her phone began to ring and a familiar scent filled the car. It smelt strongly of oranges. My body shot up in the car and I looked around to see the orange groves around me.

"Yeah, I got her. You okay?" She spoke into the phone and betrayal invaded my mind and body. She hung up the phone, smiling at me.

"How could you?" I felt as if I were being put through a slow, constant torture as they ripped my heart in half, making me feel every bit of pain they could inflict upon me. "I'm your daughter!"

"I need to move on with my life, you've just gotten in the way of my dreams." Her tone was as cold as ice. It chilled me and broke me all at once.

I went to open the door to escape, but she grabbed me, slamming my head into the dashboard. "Did you think escaping would be that easy?" She laughed.

My head rested on the dashboard, watching the view out of the windows. My eyes stayed glued on the groves as I was taken back to where I was sure my life would end. My eyes closed, taking in the scent of the citrus and soon enough I fell asleep, dreaming of the orange groves.

Author's Note: What'd you think? I hope you enjoyed the story, thank you for taking the time to read. The support you all give me is overwhelming and amazing.

I was given a suggestion to make a second part to some of my other short stories, so which story would you guys like to see a second part to? :)