phone trap

ken deserves
a beating
after this
—irene

          supposedly, irene could enjoy the place she was settled, dim light that hovers with no windup of blinks of neon lights. a whiff of whiskey reaches her nose when she made it to the living room, lost as fuck.

          crowded and fun people mingling. unlimited foods from sweet corn chips, nachos, piles of pizzas, pasta, chocolate popcorns. not to mention the expensive drinks to puke for tomorrow to forget.

          in just one glance, she could tell it was a grand party. never mind the reason of the ideal of the social event.

           but then, irene wouldn't waste a sweat to linger for she will deliver herself out of the party in just one swish.

          marked with fair, she was compelled by his younger cousin; ken, to deliver his phone in which he forgot to bring, to the house of the shady jung leo whom she confess to herself—her childhood crush.

         of course ken called irene with a borrowed phone. instead of making a fuss, she did what she was suppose to do. it will take ten minutes for irene to arrive, which is quite decent to her.

          she grew up wholly tight by the jung family. praise her foster parents for that luck. it was ken who matured with leo, the partners of crime. truely, irene wouldn't even dare to step up with the pure flicker of their friendship.

         somehow, it made her jealous.

         earlier, as she stepped outside she was dressed in plain white shirt, denim jeans and shoes to her liking, did not expecting to bring into terms with his closest cousin to get stuck in a party.

          when she reached to her destination, her jaw practically dropped as she found herself in a place where most human especially young adults get wild, a party at leo's house rather.

          the strict looking lady thought she was going to deliver ken's phone in the middle of a group study, to hell with that, she was confined in ken's bullshit lie, a fucking trap.

           irene displays a look that is far difficult to pinpoint what could possibly be she thinking soon as she spotted her lively cousin, amidst the hyped people.

          slick hair on show, dark coffee hair that intact the broad brush of his slightly curled mane. he wore the clothing she liked to visualize on him. navy blue polo with inner white tee and hazel pants. ken's smile looked too ample for his face.

          he strode towards her and greeted his cousin with a squeeze in both of her cheeks. irene steady a poker face to throw back. she swatted his hand ever so harshly, earning a small groan from him.

          "yah! you dimwit!" she only bursted soon as they made a contact, fuming in anger.

          "you're welcome" irene soon doubled her glare to him with enough sarcasm on her first sentence. it wasn't enough, but she throw his phone in which ken successfully grasped.

          "what were you thinking? i thought you were serious about taking your phone for a project, and now what is this? you're drunk"

          "hyung, invited me alright. i couldn't say no." that was the only stupid thing he reasoned out, never even bother about his cousin's death glares. he might want to arrest his death will.