12. Homeschool? ✔

Wednesday /20 days left
Alana's POV

"Don't open your eyes!" Leo yells.

"Don't yell at me!" I yell back as he leads me through the forest.

"I'm sorry." He whispers and I sigh.

"Its fine. Are you gonna push my off the cliff like I wanted?" I try to lighten the mood but fail miserably as he tenses.

Too soon?

"Kidding, kidding. Never doing that again, I promised." I rushed out and I don't get a reply.

Suddenly his hands are off my eyes and I nearly melt at what I see, roses. Everywhere. There was a blanket in the middle and Apple was running about in the other flowers.

"He wanted to help." Leo shrugs and I catch the whiff of something delicious.

"Is that chili?" I gasp and he grins. There was sparkling champagne and a huge basket filled with fruits.

He grabs my hand gently and pulled me onto the blanket. I smile kindly at him as he hands my some chili. Taking a bite, I nearly cry out in pleasure, closing my eyes and making a low sound.

When I pop open my eyes, Leo is staring at me with a look so dark and I know he is fighting his wolf.

Poor boy.

"So, we're gonna get to know each other." Leo says to distract himself and I wipe my mouth looking at him expectantly. "What's your favorite color?"

"Yellow, yours?"

"I like pink."

"Really?" I raise an eyebrow at him and he nods.

"Don't tell my pack members though."

"Okay.." Weird.

"Favorite food?"

"This chili." He grins and I roll my eyes.

"What happened to your parents?"

"I-" My breath caught in my throat as I thought of them. Tears immediately sprang to my eyes and he looks frantic.

"No. Its okay, don't cry. You don't need to tell me right now."

"No, they um, they committed suicide." I whispered. "They tried to kill me first so that we could all die together but I got away. Great family right?"

He was silent.

"Years past and I made sure that nobody knew how they died, that was just another burden, the bullying would probably be ten times worse. It was hard for me. I thought that being a senior it would stop but boy was I wrong."

I quickly wipe my falling tears and put my sandwich back having lost my appetite.

Two strong arms pull me into a hard chest and I can't help but melt into them. The tears were still flowing but not heavily. He wipes on of the last salty droplets and pulls me even closer to him.

"You're strong Alana. As for highschool you're going to be homeschooled. You're beautiful, your smile is wild, you're hair is different, your curves drive me crazy, your heart is soft, your mouth has no filter, you're not afraid to tell me whatever, your-"

"Okay okay!" I giggle with a smile and he chuckles also. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He whispers pressing a kiss below my earlobe and I shiver.

He flips me over and this time I don't resist as he lowers his lips, slowly, I feel my heart go wild. This has never happened with Chance? Even though it was one kiss. I close my eyes, my hands gripping the sides of his shirt but instead of a kiss all I got was a growl.

My eyes pop open and Leo is looking ahead of me, amused.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"You're little pet here, doesn't like my touching you." I turn my head to the side to witness Apple now charging at Leo, his tiny body not carrying him that fast but he was getting there. I laugh and catch him as soon as he made the jump for Leo.

"What're you doing little baby?" I coo and he licks me.

At least he's giving me sugar.

"I can't believe this dog just co-"

"Language!" I snap amused and Leo raises both of his hands.

"Sorry baby." He smirks as I avert my eyes suddenly sigh at his new endearment.

"I'm just gonna leave all of this so you can pack up." I smile sweetly putting down apple so he could walk with me.

"What? I did all the work and I don't get nothing in return?"

"You're right." Walking up to him, he grips my jeans and pulls me into him by the belt loops. I gently grab his chin and pull his face towards me but at the last moment I twisted it and gave him a small kiss in the cheek before sprinting off.

"Hey! Get back here and thank me properly!" He yells and I laugh as Apple runs beside me with his tongue out.

Maybe this isn't so bad.

Wait did he talk about home school?