Chapter Fifteen A Celebration of Love

Normally, I try to make the chapters short reads by dividing them, but this chapter must be in full because of the content.

Trevor Dittmar, a Dimidium - half vampire and half human, fell in love with a human woman. Janna was shocked when she found it what he and his family were, and she ran away on her wedding night.

Forgiven by Trevor and his family, she's surprised because they planned a second wedding, a human wedding for her. She wants to give Trevor the best wedding night possible and she does, cementing their love.

At the airport, Ulrich entered the aircraft first per Dimidium protocol.

"Ulrich is the First High Guard. He must check the plane before we board," explained Trevor. "Karla can't get on until he allows her. She'll board next and go straight to her room. Then he'll admit you and me, and finally Jeffrey, Second High Guard."

Ulrich returned and nodded to Karla and she entered. After a few minutes, he motioned Trevor to bring Janna aboard. At the entrance, Trevor paused where a line of family members waited to greet her.

First Ina approached. "Mother Janna, allow me to introduce my husband, James."

"You don't have to call me mother."

"She does," said Trevor. "It's our custom. Accept it."

"Hey there," said James shaking Janna's hand. "Welcome to our strange world. I'm half Halbling by birth."

"Father," said Ina. She bowed her head slightly.

Trevor was taken aback by his daughter's affection for him. He kissed her forehead. "My daughter."

"Oh, Karla was right," said Trinity. "Their union is auspicious for all of us." Trinity ran forward and hugged Janna. "Püppchen. I'm glad things have worked out."

Kamilla stepped forward next and embraced her. Kamilla was almost as tall as Jeffrey and big-boned too. "Do you remember that I'm Jeffrey's wife? He adores you. I hope we get to know each other better."

Margo and her husband Clive came to greet them, followed by Johanna and her husband Frederik, who said nothing, nor did they touch her, but bowed slightly and returned to their seats.

"The Council's decision was a good one," said Stefan rigidly. Janna gave him a smile and held out her hand, but he turned away and sat down.

Trevor led her to seats away from the others, and Ulrich permitted Jeffrey aboard. Jeffrey shut the door and sat up front while Ulrich sat in the far back. Once the plane was in the air, they stood, Ulrich in front of Karla's door, Jeffrey facing towards Ulrich.

"They didn't have to do this," Janna said.

"They didn't. Ulrich and I have been working on a secret since you and I went camping, and we invited them along. Come here." He pulled her onto his lap and set the seat back. "You're sure that you love me and want me?"

"More than anything. I'm sorry about ruining our binding. It's just...."

"It was too much for you. I accept that. Our customs are different. I'll make sure I explain things better in the future."

"Your world seems to have way too many rules."

"Don't worry. We'll live with your kind more often, I hope."

"Trevor Ivarr?" Janna giggled.

"Mother wanted to name me after her long lost relative and father's hero, who knew Eutychus personally, but he disappeared a long time ago. The name means warrior. Another story for another time."