Day 2

[Day 2]

Morning came and Grace woke up feeling refreshed and reenergised from her sleep. Her old bed may not have been as comfortable as her new one in Paris, but the familiar hum of the train had lulled her into a deep sleep. Opening her trunk she retrieved a lovely powder blue dress, a different style to yesterday's one but no less beautiful. Grace had become well accustomed to corsets and laced herself up nice and tight, she finished off dressing herself and sat at her old vanity where she began to brush her long, fiery hair. She was almost done when there was a knock on her door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me darlin', I got some breakfast for ye."

Grace let her aunt in and shut the door behind her, the old Scottish woman walked over and placed a tray on the small, 2 seater dining table.

"I've made ye some eggs n' toast, and a nice hot cup of cocoa."

"Thank you auntie."

Grace said as she sat down to her meal while the elder woman spoke.

"I wanted to apologise."

"For what?"

"I have a lot of errands to run so I'm afraid you'll have to entertain yourself today."

"Oh, then let me help you."

Grace said with a cheery smile. Agnes remembered what happened a couple of weeks prior, and there was no way she was letting that happen to her dear niece.

"No way, absolutely not!"

"Why not? I used to help you with your errands all the time before I left."

"No! Last time I went I-"

Agnes caught herself, she didn't want Grace to know about what happened.

"You what?"

The seated woman's brows knotted.

"I- I got all muddy and dirty, and I don't want you to soil yer lovely dress."

"Auntie don't be silly, I'll help you. I insist."

"No you won't, I'm not letting ye ruin yer nice frock fer no reason."

"We'll surely they're not all physical labour? I'm assuming a few of those tasks are placing orders and picking up small things yes?"

Damn, she got her there. Agnes let out a defeated sigh.

"Fine, finish yer breakfast and I'll go get the list."

As Grace started her meal the conductor left the carriage and went in search of the Frye twins. She found Evie looking over a map with Mr Green and approached the pair.

"Umm, excuse me Miss Frye?"

"Yes Agnes? Can I help you with something?"

"Well, yes Miss, you see Gracie is gonna be doing a few of me errands today, and I was wonderin' if one of ye could maybe keep an eye on her? I just worry, seeings what happened last time."

"Not a problem Agnes, we'll take care of her."

"Oh thank ye Miss Frye."

The elder woman nodded in thanks before heading back to the rear carriage.

"Perhaps this will have to wait?"

Henry looked to the map as he spoke, somewhat disheartened.

"No it won't."

Evie said, then made her way to the next carriage up. There, sprawled out on his couch, the younger Frye napped peacefully, only to be rudely awoken by his sister poking him in the abdomen.